Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What cameras for 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards?

What cameras for 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards?

sgbrix

I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

SG Brix

Michael Johnson, PE

sgbrix wrote:
> I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
> samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
> quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

Let me see if I can be as accurate as possible..... A WHOLE $HIT LOAD
TAKE THEM!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Mike Jacoubowsky

>I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
> samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
> quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

1 gig SD cards are so cheap these days it probably doesn't make sense to try
and find a camera (or cameras) to use them. Unless you have need for a whole
lot of cameras for some reason!

Seriously, these days memory cards are *so* cheap that they're rarely going
to be the deciding factor in which camera someone chooses.

But if you want to figure out what's going to take SD, check out the reviews
& specs on dpreview.com.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

MarkČ

sgbrix wrote:
> I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand
> name) samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them.
> Anyway to quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?
>
> SG Brix

You might have more trouble finding cameras that don't take them.
Ever hear of Google? Amazon, even?? dpreview.com? -Or a simple bit of
"industriousness?"

www.pbase.com/markuson

Ron Hunter

sgbrix wrote:
> I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
> samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
> quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?
>
> SG Brix

Look at any model of any brand, and it will list the flash media. I
believe SD is the currently most popular storage medium.

Skip

Go to DPReview, click on "Buying Guide," then on "Features Search." Select
"Storage types" and then SD/MMC. That should get you quite a selection.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Matt Ion

sgbrix wrote:
> I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
> samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
> quickly figure out what cameras take this memory chip?

In addition to what everyone else has said, you can use them in any camera that
takes CF-II cards as well, using something like this:
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...adapter_review

They're all over eBay for around $15-$20. See
http://tinyurl.com/yl732m

sgbrix

Great site, thanks, we went for the A620 because the resolution and
their price is still under $50 giving us the option to come in under
$100 for wholesale orders.