Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > epson 1280

epson 1280

Bob

I am trying to print out photos with my 1280 and I want to print them
out in landscape. I am using 8.5 x 11 photo paper and want to load the
printer with the 11" first instead of loading it with the short side. I
can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
to get the printer to print in landscape?

Jim

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am trying to print out photos with my 1280 and I want to print them
> out in landscape. I am using 8.5 x 11 photo paper and want to load the
> printer with the 11" first instead of loading it with the short side. I
> can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
> have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
> to get the printer to print in landscape?

I just set the printer driver to landscape mode. And, I do use a 1280.
Jim

Bob

Jim wrote:
> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I am trying to print out photos with my 1280 and I want to print them
> > out in landscape. I am using 8.5 x 11 photo paper and want to load the
> > printer with the 11" first instead of loading it with the short side. I
> > can't just rotate the photo in my software for various reasons that
> > have to do with what I am doing with the photos. Does anyone know how
> > to get the printer to print in landscape?
> >

> I just set the printer driver to landscape mode. And, I do use a 1280.
> Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the tip. I am taking for granted that you are talking about
going into the properties of the printer after I select it to print and
checking the "landscape" box. I have done that and it still wants to
print in what looks like protrait. I am using a document in MS WORD
that I put 3 pictures in and the document is in landscape. When I look
at the print preview it shows it correctly. So I load my paper with the
11" down and it won't print across the whole 11". I hope you can
understand what I am trying to say.

bmoag

There is no clear reason why the image will not printed properly with the
shorter end of the paper inserted, as is customary, if you have set up Word
and your printer driver correctly. As you likely are aware if set up
properly the printer driver will rotate the image the requisite 90 degrees.
If you are trying to print outside of what Word recognizes as the printable
boundaries for the paper size and printer you have problems as Word is
inflexible in this regard although it is not supposed to be.
You may have to use a desktop publishing program or see if you can assemble
what you want to print in Photoshop. However those programs will load the
paper short end first and rotate the image 90 degrees as well.

Mike Russell

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> going into the properties of the printer after I select it to print and
> checking the "landscape" box. I have done that and it still wants to
> print in what looks like protrait. I am using a document in MS WORD
> that I put 3 pictures in and the document is in landscape. When I look
> at the print preview it shows it correctly. So I load my paper with the
> 11" down and it won't print across the whole 11". I hope you can
> understand what I am trying to say.

There is no need to rotate the physical paper, and in fact that will defeat
the purpose. Just set landscape mode in the page setup, load the paper
vertically, and print away.
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Tintack

Just do as the other posts say it will not start at the top of the print in
landscape but at the side

news:HY2gh.5755$(E-Mail Removed) t...