Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Easyshare takes 48Meg of PC memory

Easyshare takes 48Meg of PC memory

mleeper@optonline.net

I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
Is this much memory usage normal?

Mark

ray

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:53:00 -0800, mleeper wrote:

> I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
> my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
> seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
> of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
> Is this much memory usage normal?
>
> Mark

I installed one on my Linux machine and it took no extra memory at all -
also, no software to 'install' - it was already there.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
> my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
> seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
> of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
> Is this much memory usage normal?

Yeah.That's why people buy gigs of ram for their comps.I run half life 2 and
world of warcraft with 512 megs by disabling almost everything (including
easy share and other trash) with msconfig.After all, when I need to transfer
photos from the camera to the computer, I can double-click the easy share
icon and then do the transfer, it's too fool proof to let it run all the
time in the background.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

just bob

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
> my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
> seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
> of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
> Is this much memory usage normal?

Sounds like "Easy" comes at a price.

Not much, really.

Ron Hunter

> I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
> my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
> seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
> of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
> Is this much memory usage normal?
>
> Mark

Yes. Somehow Kodak has the idea that the only thing you will do with
your computer is run their software (which isn't all that good, but it's
free). Feel free to shut down the program from the tray icon, and
remove it from the startup.
It is merely wasted ram and cpu cycles when you aren't manipulating
pictures with it.

mleeper@optonline.net

Will do. Thanks.

--Mark