Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Acknowlegement of Photos!!

Acknowlegement of Photos!!

Mac Lynch

Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that if
photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
Perhaps my photos don't merit that

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mac

RON

It happens to all of us.
"Mac Lynch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:elnga3$khl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that
> if
> photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
> commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
> Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mac

Frank ess

Mac Lynch wrote:
> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
> acknowledged?

The rare failures in my circles are usually just a tipoff to delivery
problems.

Another possibility: they're trying to tell the sender to stop.
(Less than usual, but equally valid)

--
Frank ess

Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:08:36 +0000 (UTC)
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mac Lynch) wrote:

> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
> acknowledged? Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mac

No - they are just family

--
Neil
Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

fauger

Helen

Mac Lynch wrote:
> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that if
> photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
> commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
> Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mac

I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make it
drink.
H.

Mike Fields

"Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mac Lynch wrote:
>> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing
>> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
>> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt
>> acknowledged?
>> Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>>
>> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>> Thanks
>> Mac
>>

> I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make
> it drink.
> H.

Appears to be normal (sadly). Every year for a number of years now,
I have put together all the good pictures I get of my two kids soccer
teams into a DVD. Both as a playable DVD (in a normal player) and
with an "EXTRAS" folder on it that has all the good pictures of all
the kids I have taken. Each year, the parents all ask if I am going to
"do it again this year" and get all excited when I say yes. At the end
of
the season, they all get in line to get a copy (or two). Those that
don't
make it, we send them a copy. Afterwards, I send out an email asking
if everyone got one and to let me know if any problems. The silence
is usually overwhelming (until they ask again next year). If I get a
real
good shot of one of the kids and send it to them, the only way I know
they got it is by asking and then it is "Oh, yeah, thanks for the great
shot", but otherwise, no comment. You just sort of have to read
between the lines and be satisfied with what you have done.
People are usually too busy these days to acknowledge it when
someone does something for them unfortunately.

mikey

Frank ess

Mike Fields wrote:
> "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mac Lynch wrote:
>>> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general
>>> thing
>>> that if photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or
>>> directed from a commercial print firm, that rarely is their
>>> receipt
>>> acknowledged?
>>> Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>>>
>>> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>>> Thanks
>>> Mac
>>>

>> I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't
>> make
>> it drink.
>> H.

> Appears to be normal (sadly). Every year for a number of years now,
> I have put together all the good pictures I get of my two kids
> soccer
> teams into a DVD. Both as a playable DVD (in a normal player) and
> with an "EXTRAS" folder on it that has all the good pictures of all
> the kids I have taken. Each year, the parents all ask if I am going
> to "do it again this year" and get all excited when I say yes. At
> the
> end of
> the season, they all get in line to get a copy (or two). Those that
> don't
> make it, we send them a copy. Afterwards, I send out an email
> asking
> if everyone got one and to let me know if any problems. The silence
> is usually overwhelming (until they ask again next year). If I get
> real
> good shot of one of the kids and send it to them, the only way I
> know
> they got it is by asking and then it is "Oh, yeah, thanks for the
> great shot", but otherwise, no comment. You just sort of have to
> read
> between the lines and be satisfied with what you have done.
> People are usually too busy these days to acknowledge it when
> someone does something for them unfortunately.

I've had similar experience in a slightly different venue. There's
another question I get frequently: "This is pretty expensive for you,
isn't it?"

Well, yes; however, "It's my golf; I spend way too much at it, but it
gives me great pleasure, and unlike golf I can share the product."

--
Frank ess

Skip

"Mac Lynch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:elnga3$khl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are my friends & relations just a bit lazy, or is it a general thing that
> if
> photos are Emailed, or printed & posted snail mail, or directed from a
> commercial print firm, that rarely is their receipt acknowledged?
> Perhaps my photos don't merit that
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mac

Way too normal. I had a girl ask me to please send her some images that
we'd shot as soon as possible. I pulled them up, tweaked one or two to
remove parts of her anatomy (side of breast) so they'd be acceptable to who
she wanted to send them to, as emailed them to her. That was Monday.
Haven't heard back from her.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

ASAAR

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:46:38 +0000, Helen wrote:

>> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>> Thanks

> I think they say - you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make it
> drink.

Parker's horticultural beauties don't even do that well, I think.