Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Newbie looking for digital camera/binocular recommendation

Newbie looking for digital camera/binocular recommendation

elfa

I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars that have a built-in digital camera.
They exist all over the place but deciding which is best for the money is a real
challenge.

I need some help.....so:

$200 - $300 range

Need to focus as close as 10 feet (for photographing birds close up)

Would love to just look thru the binoculars and just push a switch to take a
picture rather than having to relook thru the camera display to take the
picture.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Elfa

JohnR66

"elfa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars that have a built-in digital
> camera.
> They exist all over the place but deciding which is best for the money is
> a real
> challenge.
>
> I need some help.....so:
>
> $200 - $300 range
>
> Need to focus as close as 10 feet (for photographing birds close up)
>
> Would love to just look thru the binoculars and just push a switch to take
> picture rather than having to relook thru the camera display to take the
> picture.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks
>
> Elfa

Your best bet is to used a separate pair of binoculars and get a digital
camera with a long zoom. The binos with built in camera are junk.
John

Joseph Meehan

elfa wrote:
> I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars that have a built-in
> digital camera. They exist all over the place but deciding which is
> best for the money is a real challenge.
>
> I need some help.....so:
>
> $200 - $300 range
>
> Need to focus as close as 10 feet (for photographing birds close up)
>
> Would love to just look thru the binoculars and just push a switch to
> take a picture rather than having to relook thru the camera display
> to take the picture.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks
>
> Elfa

The problem is every such combination I have ever seen (or that there is
a market for) has a poor quality camera function and a really poor quality
binocular function.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Steve m...

Bushnell Instant Replay with the 3.2 megapixel camera. Uses the roofprism
design and the camera is built into the binos instead of a separate add-on.
Check eBay. They have them for $350.

Steve