Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > rotating .movies shot with digicam?

rotating .movies shot with digicam?

bugbear

bj wrote:
> I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to rotate the clips?

You could use google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=...q=rotate+movie

BugBear

bj

I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to rotate the clips?

Many TIA,

bj

nospam

In article <elbkkb$6kg$(E-Mail Removed)>, bj <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to
> rotate the clips?

in quicktime player, select show movie properties, then select the
video track, click on the visual settings tab and flip/rotate as
needed.

if

"bj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use
> to rotate the clips?

Virtualdub can do this but it only handles AVI files. If you can convert
your .mov to AVI then no problem, you can rotate it to any angle you like
using the built-in rotate filter. Good for straightening sloping horizons
as well as correcting portrait format videos. www.virtualdub.org

There is a program called radvideo which can convert .mov to .avi, I don't
have a url offhand you'll have to search for it.

a@b.invalid

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:31:55 +0100, "bj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I shot a few .mov-ies with my digicam vertically. What software can I use to rotate the clips?

My Nikon Coolpix 4100 outputs video as .MOV files.

Do a lossless conversion to .AVI with MP4Cam2AVI (freeware) then do
the rotation with VirtualDub (freeware).

Make sure you set 'Direct Stream Copy' on the Video menu in VirtualDub
for lossless rotation.

Shot to shot speed Tass Digital Photography 2 02-13-2006 07:52 PM
Rotating my shield harmonics MCSE 16 06-13-2005 03:23 PM
Rotating a Picturebox Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 10-14-2004 09:39 AM
Faster SD card cuts shot-to-shot time bk Digital Photography 2 09-11-2004 04:11 AM
Sky from shot 1 with landscape from shot 2 John Russell Digital Photography 0 08-04-2003 07:08 AM

Advertisments