Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sigma's SD14 Postponed

Sigma's SD14 Postponed

Kinon O'Cann

For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp

No comment...

Scott W

Kinon O'Cann wrote:
> For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp
>
> No comment...

They no doubt saw how much Leica got beat up for releasing a camera
with bugs and realize that it is really a bad idea.

Scott

m.m.span@gmail.com

Scott W wrote:
> Kinon O'Cann wrote:
> > For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> > glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.
> >
> > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp
> >
> > No comment...

> They no doubt saw how much Leica got beat up for releasing a camera
> with bugs and realize that it is really a bad idea.
>
> Scott

and sony

Randall Ainsworth

In article <vlUdh.34$%(E-Mail Removed)>, Kinon O'Cann
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.

And the world is a better place...

m.m.span@gmail.com

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article <vlUdh.34$%(E-Mail Removed)>, Kinon O'Cann
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> > glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.

> And the world is a better place...

Did you get round to actually buy a digital camera yet Randall?

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Did you get round to actually buy a digital camera yet Randall?

I've had one for over three years - one that will easily outperform any
Sigma model.

This old Bob

"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vlUdh.34$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp
>
> No comment...

You have to applaud them for stopping to get it right. If they screw up this
release it could be their last.

Dan Sullivan

This old Bob wrote:
> "Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vlUdh.34$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> > glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.
> >
> > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp
> >
> > No comment...

> You have to applaud them for stopping to get it right. If they screw up this
> release it could be their last.

Sigma is the largest maker of lenses in the world.

I think they'd survive.

Scott W

Dan Sullivan wrote:
> This old Bob wrote:
> > "Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:vlUdh.34$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > For all the Sigmaphiles out there, the SD14 has been postponed due to a
> > > glitch that could not be fixed by software changes.
> > >
> > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0612/06...4postponed.asp
> > >
> > > No comment...

> > You have to applaud them for stopping to get it right. If they screw up this
> > release it could be their last.

> Sigma is the largest maker of lenses in the world.
>
> I think they'd survive.

Sure Sigma will survive, but their digital camera group maybe not so
much.
Many of us are surprised that they are trying this one more time given
how few of their other digital cameras they managed to sell.

Scott

Scott W

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Did you get round to actually buy a digital camera yet Randall?

> I've had one for over three years - one that will easily outperform any
> Sigma model.

Of course that is not setting the bar very high

Scott

Tethering the Sigma SD14 Fred the Red Shirt Digital Photography 8 02-10-2009 01:35 AM
SD14 Alfred Molon Digital Photography 8 06-04-2007 10:41 AM
Sigma SD14 samples Alfred Molon Digital Photography 40 02-20-2007 01:15 PM
Is this new Sigma SD14 DSLR? Digital Photography Now Digital Photography 119 09-16-2006 06:54 PM
Popeye Postponed? \Mighty\ Mike Blues DVD Video 8 07-07-2003 09:02 AM

Advertisments