Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 400D/Rebel XTi Infrared Photography Tests

Canon 400D/Rebel XTi Infrared Photography Tests

Wayne J. Cosshall

Hi All,

I've uploaded my tests of the 400D for IR photography using a Hoya R72
filter:
<http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=800>

Cheers,

Wayne
--
Wayne J. Cosshall

Fred McKenzie

In article <4573f6e3$0$5749$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've uploaded my tests of the 400D for IR photography using a Hoya R72
> filter:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=800>

Wayne-

Can you explain why you chose the green channel for your sample photos
at the end?

It seems clear to me that your red channel had the greatest sensitivity
to IR, it was just over exposed. Naturally it won't make as good a
print as the other channels because of the overexposure.

If you exposed for the red channel instead of the green, your exposure
times might not be as long.

Fred