Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Bibble converter

Bibble converter

John

Does anyone have any experience with Bibble Lite? I am thinking of changing
my workflow and shooting raw. I use a Nikon 5700 and SB80DX flash unit. I
am reasonably proficient using Adobe Photoshop (v. 6.0.) My question is:
shooting raw, and using Bibble, can I upload from my card reader directly
into Bibble? How about directly into PS?
Any information will be appreciated.

bmoag

Bibble is a very good converter and if you are satisfied with PS6 (there are
significant embellishments in CS2) and Bibble supports your camera's raw
format you will be able to get better results than shooting jpeg.
Generally using raw and a few Photoshop tricks allows you to produce images
that seem to have a much wider latitude than jpeg images. There is alot of
information about how to process raw images on the web. You really have to
shoot and experiment with the processing to see what works for you.
Keep in mind that once the raw image is opened in a converter it does not
matter whether further processing is done in the converter or in Photoshop:
that is entirely up to you.

frederick

John wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Bibble Lite? I am thinking of changing
> my workflow and shooting raw. I use a Nikon 5700 and SB80DX flash unit. I
> am reasonably proficient using Adobe Photoshop (v. 6.0.) My question is:
> shooting raw, and using Bibble, can I upload from my card reader directly
> into Bibble? How about directly into PS?
> Any information will be appreciated.

I suggest that you try Rawshooter Essentials, which has a good
interface, is free, and should support the 5700 raw files.
It is still available for download:
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/ra...essentials.asp
Adobe Lightroom beta that I tried seemed pretty good, but will not be
free. Nikon Capture NX is very also innovative, but slow as molasses
unless you have fast computer gear.
My experience with Bibble (pro) is that it didn't work well converting
*.NEF files (soft, with ghosting around detail), and has a clumsy
interface. Rawshooter/Capture (&NX)/Lightroom produced the best NEF
conversions of products I trialled. Capture/NX also has a clumsy
interface IMO, but results are excellent, with some good tricks no
others have matched yet.
All programs should be able to read directly from your card reader.
Even so, IMO it's better to copy them over to your HD before working on
them.

Mueen Nawaz

John wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Bibble Lite? I am thinking of changing
> my workflow and shooting raw. I use a Nikon 5700 and SB80DX flash unit. I
> am reasonably proficient using Adobe Photoshop (v. 6.0.) My question is:
> shooting raw, and using Bibble, can I upload from my card reader directly
> into Bibble? How about directly into PS?
> Any information will be appreciated.

Bibble is fine - has quite a few features, and good workflow capabilities.

But you should go to their forums, then to the Nikon forums, and see if
people have any issues with Bibble and your camera. In general, I
suggest you get trial versions of all the good RAW converters and compare.

--
Clones are people two.

/ \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

anl