Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > panorama photo's on HP 1280 using roll paper

panorama photo's on HP 1280 using roll paper

Jan

I'm considering buying a HP Deskjet 1280 but I'm worried about the
maximum paper size it can handle.

Is anyone who owns one able to tell me if it will print 'endlessly' on
roll paper ? I installed just the driver (don't own the printer) and
had a look at the custom paper sizes. They are limited to about 60".
But what if I put it in 'Banner' mode ? Is there still a maximum size ?

I would like to print panoramic photo's which are sometimes up to 3
meters in length. I found a supplier of 13" roll paper
(http://www.papermilldirect.com/) which the 1280 should accept.

Thanks in advance
Jan

tomm42

On Dec 1, 5:46 am, "Jan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm considering buying a HP Deskjet 1280 but I'm worried about the
> maximum paper size it can handle.
>
> Is anyone who owns one able to tell me if it will print 'endlessly' on
> roll paper ? I installed just the driver (don't own the printer) and
> had a look at the custom paper sizes. They are limited to about 60".
> But what if I put it in 'Banner' mode ? Is there still a maximum size ?
>
> I would like to print panoramic photo's which are sometimes up to 3
> meters in length. I found a supplier of 13" roll paper
> (http://www.papermilldirect.com/) which the 1280 should accept.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jan

I believe it is 44-48 inches, but check with Epson to be certain.

Tom

Jan

tomm42 wrote:
> On Dec 1, 5:46 am, "Jan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I'm considering buying a HP Deskjet 1280 but I'm worried about the
> > maximum paper size it can handle.
> >
> > Is anyone who owns one able to tell me if it will print 'endlessly' on
> > roll paper ? I installed just the driver (don't own the printer) and
> > had a look at the custom paper sizes. They are limited to about 60".
> > But what if I put it in 'Banner' mode ? Is there still a maximum size ?
> >
> > I would like to print panoramic photo's which are sometimes up to 3
> > meters in length. I found a supplier of 13" roll paper
> > (http://www.papermilldirect.com/) which the 1280 should accept.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Jan

> I believe it is 44-48 inches, but check with Epson to be certain.
>
> Tom

Hey Tom. Thanks for replying.

Just to be clear : I'm talking about a HP 1280, not an Epson 1280.

Jan

John Turco

tomm42 wrote:

> On Dec 1, 5:46 am, "Jan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I'm considering buying a HP Deskjet 1280 but I'm worried about the
> > maximum paper size it can handle.
> >
> > Is anyone who owns one able to tell me if it will print 'endlessly' on
> > roll paper ? I installed just the driver (don't own the printer) and
> > had a look at the custom paper sizes. They are limited to about 60".
> > But what if I put it in 'Banner' mode ? Is there still a maximum size ?
> >
> > I would like to print panoramic photo's which are sometimes up to 3
> > meters in length. I found a supplier of 13" roll paper
> > (http://www.papermilldirect.com/) which the 1280 should accept.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Jan

> I believe it is 44-48 inches, but check with Epson to be certain.
>
> Tom

Hello, Tom:

Epson? The subject title concerns an "HP 1280!"

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>