Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good photo book printing in monochrome/black and white

Good photo book printing in monochrome/black and white

jean.alain.le.borgne

Hello,

A friend of mine recently made a photo book with a few black and white
shots, to give it a try, and was quite disappointed with the result.

I'm looking for feedback on photo book printing services that offer
good quality black and white printing.

This friend used to make his own prints, from Hasselblad shots, so he
has pretty high expectations. But still, if there's a printing service
better than the others in the field, we want to know

Best,

Jean-Alain

AAvK

> Hello,
>
> A friend of mine recently made a photo book with a few black and white
> shots, to give it a try, and was quite disappointed with the result.
>
> I'm looking for feedback on photo book printing services that offer
> good quality black and white printing.
>
> This friend used to make his own prints, from Hasselblad shots, so he
> has pretty high expectations. But still, if there's a printing service
> better than the others in the field, we want to know
>
> Best,
>
> Jean-Alain

heh... I suggest buy an Epson stylus 1280 silver and monochrome
inks for it, fed by a CIS (continous ink system), and learn the whole
process. This involves color management, as well.

Best Inks:
http://www.piezography.com/ ~ http://www.lyson.com/
http://www.cone-editions.com/ ~ http://www.inkjetart.com/

CIS:
http://www.inksupply.com/ ~ http://www.nomorecarts.com/

A flexible printer driver with sizing interpolation:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

--
}<)))*> Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com