Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > suggest printing service for photos book ?

suggest printing service for photos book ?

stuseven

.. I have been looking for a service which can produce,
a [digitally printed] book of photographs.
.. Ive also seen some of the "art print", "giclee print" services...
not what Im looking for, at $30 a page
.. Wondering if anyone has used a printer who can produce
good quality prints of a set of photos, at reasonable cost, putting
these in a booklet form ?

Thanks

Bill Hilton

stuseven wrote:
> . I have been looking for a service which can produce,
> a [digitally printed] book of photographs.
> . Ive also seen some of the "art print", "giclee print" services...
> not what Im looking for, at $30 a page
> . Wondering if anyone has used a printer who can produce
> good quality prints of a set of photos, at reasonable cost, putting
> these in a booklet form ?
>
> Thanks

We've used mypublisher.com and been happy with the results (three
'books' ... more like 20 page pamphlets) ... not too expensive and the
colors were a surprisingly accurate match to what we see on the screen.

Bill

stuseven

+ I checked it out... looks nice... guess I can
afford to try the pocketbook anyway - thanks
for the link Bill !

Bill Hilton wrote:
> stuseven wrote:
> > . I have been looking for a service which can produce,
> > a [digitally printed] book of photographs.
> > . Ive also seen some of the "art print", "giclee print" services...
> > not what Im looking for, at $30 a page
> > . Wondering if anyone has used a printer who can produce
> > good quality prints of a set of photos, at reasonable cost, putting
> > these in a booklet form ?
> >
> > Thanks

> We've used mypublisher.com and been happy with the results (three
> 'books' ... more like 20 page pamphlets) ... not too expensive and the
> colors were a surprisingly accurate match to what we see on the screen.
>
> Bill

JC Dill

On 27 Nov 2006 19:26:59 -0800, "stuseven" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>. Wondering if anyone has used a printer who can produce
>good quality prints of a set of photos, at reasonable cost, putting
>these in a booklet form ?

http://www.slate.com/id/2143039/

http://www.viovio.com/wiki/Photo+Books

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA

joefoto

I've had very good luck with Shutterfly in the U.S. Great customer
service. When I was concerned about a couple of the photos in my first
photo book, they looked into it, told me what was wrong (my bad), and
then creditted me with another full photo book gratis. They can do
from full page bleeds (but only single page) up at least 6 photos on a
page, and with a generally broad range of layouts and caption options.
They have become my service of choice. Good luck finding something
that meets your needs.

Joe