Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anyone have this problem with Panasonic DMC-FZ7? Underexposed on download

Anyone have this problem with Panasonic DMC-FZ7? Underexposed on download

photocutoutscom

Some pictures playback perfectly on the LCD but are VERY underexposed
when downloaded to the PC. Both the thumbnail and the opened file are
underexposed. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you.

Roy G

"photocutoutscom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Some pictures playback perfectly on the LCD but are VERY underexposed
> when downloaded to the PC. Both the thumbnail and the opened file are
> underexposed. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you.

How are you measuring or estimating this underexposure??

Is it just by looking at your computer screen, and or the Review screen on
the Camera??

Both of those are adjustable for brightness, so which is correct??

Try checking the Image Histograms on the Camera and Computer. This will
give you an indication, once you understand how to read them.
And / or get your Monitor Calibrated, so that its brightness is at the
correct level.

photocutoutscom

Roy G wrote:

> How are you measuring or estimating this underexposure??
>
> Is it just by looking at your computer screen, and or the Review screen on
> the Camera??
>
> Both of those are adjustable for brightness, so which is correct??

Thanks for your reply, Roy.

It only happens to 2 or 3 out of 85 images, so it's not like the
monitor brightness is set low. The historgram on the camera and in
Photoshop show the same distribution. The image on the camera is
perfect, but the image on the monitor looks as though the flash didn't
fire. It takes so much brightness adjustment in Photoshop that the
image gets washed out before it's right. Same thing if I use Levels
adjustment instead of brightness. It's just very strange because the
other 80+ images are perfect. EXIF data shows the good and bad images
were taken at the same camera settings.