Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: Canon AE-1 and AE-1P Equipment

OT: Canon AE-1 and AE-1P Equipment

Yahoo

From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?

BL

Greg \_\

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Yahoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
> and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
> anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
>
> BL

You"ll be lucky if you get 50 $ for a good condition body.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Yahoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
> and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
> anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
>
> BL

I've got an AE1 sitting in a cupboard with a couple of zooms. What
lenses do you have?

Doug Robbins

The AE-1 are good shooters. Problem is, most of them suffer from "mirror
squeak" due to the drying out of the lubricant. If you can CLA the camera
yourself, they can be a good value for film users. Otherwise, figure about
$100 to get the camera back into good operating condition. People selling
Canons on ebay usually conceal this problem.

Doug

"Yahoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
> and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
> anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
>
> BL

Fred Anonymous

"Yahoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From a past lifetime, I have an AE-1 and AE-1P with a bunch of lenses
> and accessories. Is there a market for this stuff besides ebay? Is
> anyone interested in "vintage" 35mm SLRs these days?
>
> BL

Hello.
Have you tried a posting to rec.photo.equipment.35mm?

Regards, Ian.