Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any Free Photo Stitching Software Out there?

Any Free Photo Stitching Software Out there?

hoover

I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

David J Taylor

hoover wrote:
> I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

David

simon

's probably not the answer you want in the long run...
but Smoky City Panorama Factory has a free trial...
www.panoramafactory.com

Regards Simon.
www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/landscape
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Peru

hoover

thanks bud

"simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eka5h3$54a$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> 's probably not the answer you want in the long run...
> but Smoky City Panorama Factory has a free trial...
> www.panoramafactory.com
>

> Regards Simon.
> www.srsteel.co.uk
> http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
> http://www.srsteel.co.uk/landscape
> http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Peru

Paul Mitchum

hoover <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

Hugin: <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/>

It's a front-end for a lot of other tools which are also free.

Mike Russell

"hoover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kt0ah.2757$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

Free, and very high quality, with a fair bit of learning curve:
http://wiki.panotools.org/
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Neil Ellwood

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:04:51 -0500, hoover wrote:

> I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

Hugin

--
Neil
'The moving finger writes and having writ still makes the same mistakes'.

slimninja@gmail.com

I like this one too. I keep it on my flash drive to share with others.
Great software.

David J Taylor wrote:
> hoover wrote:
> > I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
>
> David

Allodoxaphobia

> David J Taylor wrote:
>> hoover wrote:
>> > I'm not prepared to spend big bucks for panoramas.

>> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

"An error occurred while loading
" http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autosti...tostitch.html:
"Connection to host www.cs.ubc.ca is broken.

All the way back up to:

"An error occurred while loading http://www.cs.ubc.ca/:
"Connection to host www.cs.ubc.ca is broken.

???

David J Taylor

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
>> David J Taylor wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

> "An error occurred while loading
> " http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autosti...tostitch.html:
> "Connection to host www.cs.ubc.ca is broken.
>
> All the way back up to:
>
> "An error occurred while loading http://www.cs.ubc.ca/:
> "Connection to host www.cs.ubc.ca is broken.
>
> ???

Same here - I did test the link immediately before posting.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/ is now OK, so I would try a little later.

If it was OK to send you the file, I would, but it's not mine to send.

David