Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Polaroid camera

Polaroid camera

rdkng97

I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
carry around for random shots
Thanks
R.

Ken Weitzel

rdkng97 wrote:
> I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
> thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
> at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
> 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
> pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
> this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
> carry around for random shots
> Thanks
> R.

Hi...

Can't possibly know that without knowing what kind of compression
level (or choices of level) that it offers. And to a much lesser
extent, what kind of pics you'll be taking.

However, if you like you can download the manuals here, and perhaps
that will be of a little help.

http://www.polaroid-digital.com/

Take care.

Ken

Roy G

"rdkng97" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
> thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
> at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
> 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
> pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
> this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
> carry around for random shots
> Thanks
> R.

At the most 2 or 3.

These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
in store.

Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or 1024
card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.

Roy G

Ken Lucke

In article <Wgl9h.53205$(E-Mail Removed)>, Roy G
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "rdkng97" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
> > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
> > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
> > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
> > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
> > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
> > carry around for random shots
> > Thanks
> > R.
> >

> At the most 2 or 3.
>
> These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
> in store.
>
> Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or 1024
> card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.
>
> Roy G

Max memory on that camera IS a ridiculously low 512.

Roy G

"Ken Lucke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:231120061015198991%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Wgl9h.53205$(E-Mail Removed)>, Roy G
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "rdkng97" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> >I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
>> > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
>> > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
>> > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
>> > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
>> > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
>> > carry around for random shots
>> > Thanks
>> > R.
>> >

>> At the most 2 or 3.
>>
>> These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the
>> camera
>> in store.
>>
>> Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or
>> 1024
>> card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.
>>
>> Roy G

> Max memory on that camera IS a ridiculously low 512.

Heavens to Mutrgatroyd!!

Don't tell me they actually expect people to buy it, if it is that limited.

Roy G

Matt Ion

Roy G wrote:
> "rdkng97" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
>>thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
>>at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
>>16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
>>pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
>>this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
>>carry around for random shots
>>Thanks
>>R.
>>

> At the most 2 or 3.

Uncompressed, sure. At its highest-JPEG-quality setting, my 6.3MP 300D produces
JPGs averaging 2 to 3 MB... I wouldn't expect the Polaroid's files would
typically be more than 1.5-2MB, meaning you'd get probably 8-10 files on the
internal memory.

> These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
> in store.

Yup.