Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any program to improve pictures?

Any program to improve pictures?

marktaylor196

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

Dennis Pogson

marktaylor196 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
> talking about pictures I h
> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
> picture? Any suggestion would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

bugbear

marktaylor196 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
> talking about pictures I h
> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
> picture? Any suggestion would
> be much appreciated.

Are you talk about sharpness, colour, composition,
shape, tone - what do you want?

BugBear

bmoag

If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

Phil Wheeler

Dennis Pogson wrote:
> marktaylor196 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
>> talking about pictures I h
>> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
>> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
>> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
>> picture? Any suggestion would
>> be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>>
>> Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

> If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

Wrong. Better to say "If they can't be improved
with Photoshop, they can't be improved."

Not all are equal in using Photoshop, and I am
among the worst

Phil

Phil Wheeler

bmoag wrote:
> If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
> they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
> plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

Love it! What they do is "uncredible"

Phil

Gerald Place

Apart from Genuine Fractals for re-sizing, no...

Gerald
"marktaylor196" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
> talking about pictures I h
> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
> picture? Any suggestion would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

Roy G

"marktaylor196" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
> talking about pictures I h
> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
> picture? Any suggestion would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

Hi.

No program is going to improve picture quality.

An eperienced photographer might well do so using any one of a number of
programs.

Roy G

teflon

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.

I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

ray

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

> Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
> only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
>
> I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
> best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
> software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.