Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Memory card for casio ex-z750

Memory card for casio ex-z750

Tam

Hi,

I've just purchased a Casio EX-Z750 and am looking at additional
memory.

Im looking at either a 1gb or 2gb card (prolly a 2gb) but there is a
vast range of write speeds directly related to price.

For instance theres a 1gb kingstone one that reads at 5mb/sec and
writes at 1.5mb/sec. There is another kingstone card which is about
half as expensive again but the speeds here are 8.2mb/sec read and
7.7mb/sec write.

Is it worth the extra money for the speed increase overall or will the
camera operate the same regardless of the card purchased? I've looked
at casio website and scoured the net looking for the write speed of the
camera without any success so hopefully you bright bunch can help me
out

Regards

Tam

bmoag

My experience is that the speed of the card makes little difference in
recording still images with this camera. The file sizes are quite large and
video files enormous so go for the 2 gig cards.

Tam

bmoag wrote:

> My experience is that the speed of the card makes little difference in
> recording still images with this camera. The file sizes are quite large and
> video files enormous so go for the 2 gig cards.

Roger... thats what I had in mind anyhoo Ended up buying this
chap...

http://www.digiprintuk.com/inov8-ult...gb-p-1059.html

There was one that was 3.49 cheaper but the one I bought writes at
18000kb as opposed to 4000kb for the cheaper one. Thought it worth the
extra few pounds just incase the camera can address/write to memory
that fast (thinking movies here).

Heres to some happy snapping

Tam

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 21 Nov 2006 13:53:45 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Tam"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just purchased a Casio EX-Z750 and am looking at additional
>memory.

I have a Sandisk II for mine still seems to take a lot longer to write in
camera photos than either transferring it through the docking station or
through a USB2 card reader.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))