Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital camera sensor performance

Digital camera sensor performance

I have a new page up describing digital camera sensor performance
for a fair range in digital cameras and commercial sensors.
Enough data has now been measured to show trends in full-well
capacity, dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratios,
unity gain ISO (high ISO performance), and how read noise
does not follow the same trends.

Included are some newly derived parameters showing low light performance.
I've plotted results as functions of pixel size and there are clear trends.
Some trends can be used to predict basic performance of new cameras.

See:
http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...rmance.summary

Roger