Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Night photography pictures

Reply
Thread Tools

Night photography pictures

 
 
Ken Lucke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
In article <DA68h.3373$(E-Mail Removed)>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>
wrote:

Snippage

> >
> > Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the [non-functional]
> > video page opens, click on Help, follow the links and install it, if
> > its really important to you.

>
> I already have Media Player 9...but no worky.
>
> Maybe re-install 9?


Might help. The one thing I have noticed is that it takes an
extraordinarily long time (in comparison) for stuff to load and play
(and I'm working with a 7 mbps DSL line, which averages 500-600 mBps
transfer rate). You might give it a few minutes to see if that's your
problem. I know the first few times I tried, I just gave up - then I
gave up without closing the window and went to work on some other
stuff, and suddenly, a few minutes later, the video startled me by
playing in the background.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MarkČ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
Ken Lucke wrote:
> In article <DA68h.3373$(E-Mail Removed)>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>
> wrote:
>
> Snippage
>
>>>
>>> Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the
>>> [non-functional] video page opens, click on Help, follow the links
>>> and install it, if its really important to you.

>>
>> I already have Media Player 9...but no worky.
>>
>> Maybe re-install 9?

>
> Might help. The one thing I have noticed is that it takes an
> extraordinarily long time (in comparison) for stuff to load and play
> (and I'm working with a 7 mbps DSL line, which averages 500-600 mBps
> transfer rate). You might give it a few minutes to see if that's your
> problem. I know the first few times I tried, I just gave up - then I
> gave up without closing the window and went to work on some other
> stuff, and suddenly, a few minutes later, the video startled me by
> playing in the background.


Annoying...as it always worked well...and quickly...with the previous
Firefox.
Worse...even though I created a restore point before installing version 2,
when I revert back, Firefox doesn't run at all. -Seems teh upgrade to
version 2 destroys something needed in a restoration to version 1.xx.

Also... Microsoft doesn't list XP as a compatible OS for Media Player 9.
Hmmm...
Thanks for you input.

-MarkČ

--
Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
www.pbase.com/markuson


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Heslop
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
"MarkČ" wrote:
>
> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > "MarkČ" wrote:
> >>
> >> Bill Funk wrote:
> >>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Hi all
> >>>>
> >>>> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
> >>>> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
> >>>> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
> >>>> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
> >>>> the top LH side
> >>>>
> >>>> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
> >>>>
> >>>> Cheers
> >>>>
> >>>> Tim
> >>>
> >>> In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
> >>> Does IE turn the page upside-down?
> >>
> >> In Firefox 2,

> >
> > is that like 'Revenge of the Firefox'? :O)

>
> "IN A WORLD...WHERE INTERNET LINKS CRASH AND BURN...ONE LINK STANDS ALONE
> AGAINST THE ONSLAUGHT... FIREFOX 2...REVENGE OF THE IRON LINK..."


:O))

--
Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
Reply With Quote
 
John McWilliams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
MarkČ wrote:
> Ken Lucke wrote:
>> In article <DA68h.3373$(E-Mail Removed)>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>


>
> Annoying...as it always worked well...and quickly...with the previous
> Firefox.
> Worse...even though I created a restore point before installing version 2,
> when I revert back, Firefox doesn't run at all. -Seems teh upgrade to
> version 2 destroys something needed in a restoration to version 1.xx.
>
> Also... Microsoft doesn't list XP as a compatible OS for Media Player 9.
> Hmmm...
> Thanks for you input.


Of all ironies, Macs now play Windows Media stuff better than PCs.
Whodda thunk?

--
John McWilliams

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Funk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:28:21 -0700, Bill Funk <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>Hi all
>>
>>Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of you who
>>are into night photography have probably seen it but I thought it deserved
>>posting in case some of you haven't
>>I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on the top
>>LH side
>>
>>http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Tim

>
>In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
>Does IE turn the page upside-down?


What's REALLY interesting is that in IE7, the word "ENTER" doesn't
show up at all; the entire page is the <enter> link.
And, check out the differences in mouse scrolling between Firefox
(1.5.0. and IE7.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2006
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:28:21 -0700, Bill Funk <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
>>> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
>>> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
>>> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
>>> the top LH side
>>>
>>> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Tim

>>
>> In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
>> Does IE turn the page upside-down?

>
> What's REALLY interesting is that in IE7, the word "ENTER" doesn't
> show up at all; the entire page is the <enter> link.
> And, check out the differences in mouse scrolling between Firefox
> (1.5.0. and IE7.


FWIW The first time I viewed it was using Firefox 1.5.0.8 and had the enter
link top left
Just tried again now with a version of IE6 and got the same as Bill, the
whole page was a live link.

Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The non-night night shot Vance Digital Photography 3 10-13-2010 01:47 AM
Low-light/Night Photography Sammie Garvin \(Mobile\) Digital Photography 14 01-12-2005 04:25 PM
Help, need field calculator: Night Light Photography and Mr. Martin terry Digital Photography 0 10-08-2003 01:27 PM
Noob Question - Sony DSC-P51 and night photography Michael Jackass Digital Photography 1 09-02-2003 05:46 PM
Setting Canon D60 for night-time sports photography Derek Digital Photography 2 08-29-2003 07:45 AM



Advertisments