Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FREE software to resize 40 pictures in batch, with one mouse click?

FREE software to resize 40 pictures in batch, with one mouse click?

photoguy_222@yahoo.com

Hello all,

I went to an event recently. I want to resize
all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.

And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
file sizes also.

What FREE software can do this for me please?

Thanks a lot!

Cgiorgio

irfanview with plugins
http://www.irfanview.com/

<(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I went to an event recently. I want to resize
> all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
>
> And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
> file sizes also.
>
> What FREE software can do this for me please?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 19 Nov 2006 09:50:42 -0800, in rec.photo.digital http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I went to an event recently. I want to resize
>all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
>
>And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
>file sizes also.
>
>What FREE software can do this for me please?

http://www.irfanview.com Takes a few more than a single click, but the
batch resize/resample mode is the way to go.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Dave

On 19 Nov 2006 09:50:42 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I went to an event recently. I want to resize
>all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.

10 mpx to 400 X 600 (?) - and still be quality pics...?
That of course, keep on being on of the more important questions here
- and one of the more difficult ones to answer.

If it is for WEB display, simply go shift/cntrl/alt/s
and do you preferred preferences

Dave

Mike Russell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I went to an event recently. I want to resize
> all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
>
> And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
> file sizes also.
>
> What FREE software can do this for me please?

Irfanview, as others have said. Also check out the image resizer Power Toy

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Tim

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I went to an event recently. I want to resize
> all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
>
> And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
> file sizes also.
>
> What FREE software can do this for me please?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Whatever you do it's going to take more than a single mouse click. You
can probably do it in your existing software, however a good free
utility is FastStone Photo Resizer from
http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

--
Tim