Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > which external Flash for a PowerSot G6 ?

which external Flash for a PowerSot G6 ?

philippe.barthelemy@gmail.com

Hi,

I am looking for an external flash unit for a Canon PowerShot G6.
Canon-branded are veeeeryyy expensive, so I a looking for a third-party
one.

Someone mentionned Sunpak to me, but I was not able to find a
compatibility list for that brand.

Can anyone give me an advice ?

YIA,
--Philippe

PS: the G6 docs states that the Speedlite 220EX, 420EX, 550EX and 580EX
are to work with the G6

Jack Mac

On 19 Nov 2006 07:37:06 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for an external flash unit for a Canon PowerShot G6.
>Canon-branded are veeeeryyy expensive, so I a looking for a third-party
>one.
>
>Someone mentionned Sunpak to me, but I was not able to find a
>compatibility list for that brand.
>
>Can anyone give me an advice ?
>
>YIA,
>--Philippe
>

>PS: the G6 docs states that the Speedlite 220EX, 420EX, 550EX and 580EX
>are to work with the G6

I have the Speedlite 420EX that I also used with my G5 before I sold it.
I still use is with my Rebel XT. The 420EX has been replaced with the
430EX.
Jack Mac

Gisle Hannemyr

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> I am looking for an external flash unit for a Canon PowerShot G6.
> Canon-branded are veeeeryyy expensive, so I a looking for a
> third-party one.

> Someone mentionned Sunpak to me, but I was not able to find a
> compatibility list for that brand.

The Sunpak PZ40X-CA is compatible with the G6.

For a complete list (AFAIK) of third party (and Canon) flashes
compatible with G6, please visit:
http://hannemyr.com/photo/flash.html
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z