Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji s9600

Fuji s9600

Paul Warman

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Fuji s9600 digital camera.
My current model is the Fuji s602 which has served me well. My usage is
purely for family shooting with indoor and outdoor in equal proportion.
I'm steering away from SLR cameras primarily because of cost but I also
prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
Many thanks
Paul

MichaelM

"Paul Warman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45600f32$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Fuji s9600 digital

camera.
> My current model is the Fuji s602 which has served me well. My usage is
> purely for family shooting with indoor and outdoor in equal proportion.
> I'm steering away from SLR cameras primarily because of cost but I also
> prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
> Many thanks
> Paul

I have a S9500. I also have a Canon 400D with lenses covering 18-300mm. I
can tell you that my S9500 is a remarkably good camera especially for
outdoor photography. I take it out in preference to the 400D whenever I am
not needing the extra zoom with 300mm lens for 400D, or for continuous
shooting (S9500 is virtually single shot camera to be honest). What I do
like about the S9500 is the massive depth of view and its ability to do
landscapes with a bit of zoom for when you need it. Image quality is superb
IMHO ~ clear crisp photos with virtually everyting in focus. To be brutally
honest, the S9500 is very close to DSLR in image quality for outdoors /
landscapes sort of stuff. The continuous burst is very poor with this
camera though, and for this, then I use DSLR. Depends what you are after I
suppose.

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
"MichaelM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Paul Warman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45600f32$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Fuji s9600 digital

> camera.
> > My current model is the Fuji s602 which has served me well. My usage is
> > purely for family shooting with indoor and outdoor in equal proportion.
> > I'm steering away from SLR cameras primarily because of cost but I also
> > prefer the convenience a single 28-300mm lens will give.
> > Many thanks
> > Paul
> >

> I have a S9500. I also have a Canon 400D with lenses covering 18-300mm. I
> can tell you that my S9500 is a remarkably good camera especially for
> outdoor photography. I take it out in preference to the 400D whenever I am
> not needing the extra zoom with 300mm lens for 400D, or for continuous
> shooting (S9500 is virtually single shot camera to be honest). What I do
> like about the S9500 is the massive depth of view and its ability to do
> landscapes with a bit of zoom for when you need it. Image quality is superb
> IMHO ~ clear crisp photos with virtually everyting in focus. To be brutally
> honest, the S9500 is very close to DSLR in image quality for outdoors /
> landscapes sort of stuff. The continuous burst is very poor with this
> camera though, and for this, then I use DSLR. Depends what you are after I
> suppose.

Hmmm. Sounds like I'll be taking that too when my S7000 starts wearing
out.