Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > looking for a website to sell photos

looking for a website to sell photos

Charlie

I'm looking for a website where I can post photos for sale to the public
or as stock photos.

I've tried Zazzle.com, but find the interface pretty confusing, and the
website hangs for a long time when I try to create a product - and there
doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to sell photos without making
them into a card or poster.

Printroom.com seems very slow to load at times and has very poor search
features - i.e., no keyword search.

Does anybody have another suggestion?

Thanks.

Charlie

simon

try the professional galleries on
www.photobox.com
if it helps to get feel for it...This is mine...
http://www.photoboxgallery.com/srsteel

--

www.srsteel.co.uk
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama

"Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'm looking for a website where I can post photos for sale to the public
> or as stock photos.
>
> I've tried Zazzle.com, but find the interface pretty confusing, and the
> website hangs for a long time when I try to create a product - and there
> doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to sell photos without making
> them into a card or poster.
>
> Printroom.com seems very slow to load at times and has very poor search
> features - i.e., no keyword search.
>
> Does anybody have another suggestion?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Charlie

Charlie

simon wrote:
> try the professional galleries on
> www.photobox.com
> if it helps to get feel for it...This is mine...
> http://www.photoboxgallery.com/srsteel

Thanks for the suggestion Simon. This site is oriented for the UK - I
should have specified that I'm looking for an outlet in the USA.

Charlie

Earl Misanchuk

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Charlie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> simon wrote:
> > try the professional galleries on
> > www.photobox.com
> > if it helps to get feel for it...This is mine...
> > http://www.photoboxgallery.com/srsteel
> >

> Thanks for the suggestion Simon. This site is oriented for the UK - I
> should have specified that I'm looking for an outlet in the USA.
>
> Charlie

Have you looked at istockphoto.com?

John Turco

Charlie wrote:

> I'm looking for a website where I can post photos for sale to the public
> or as stock photos.
>
> I've tried Zazzle.com, but find the interface pretty confusing, and the
> website hangs for a long time when I try to create a product - and there
> doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to sell photos without making
> them into a card or poster.
>
> Printroom.com seems very slow to load at times and has very poor search
> features - i.e., no keyword search.
>
> Does anybody have another suggestion?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Charlie

Hello, Charlie:

Shutterstock <http://www.shutterstock.com> may be just what you're
looking for.

Good luck!

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

www.kevinkienlein.com

the internet is world wide,,, that is why the call it the WWW - World Wide
Web... kk

"Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> simon wrote:
>> try the professional galleries on
>> www.photobox.com
>> if it helps to get feel for it...This is mine...
>> http://www.photoboxgallery.com/srsteel
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion Simon. This site is oriented for the UK - I
> should have specified that I'm looking for an outlet in the USA.
>
> Charlie

BOXOMAIL

With all the best of intentions Kevin, I think you'll find this is why
this was referred to as a UK site:
http://www.photoboxgallery.com/stati...ery_userprices

I don't know about you but I don't want to have to locate a calculator
each time I wish to decipher a image + handling + Packing Fee.

I guess to address the original query one might want to know what types
of images one is
looking to sell. Straight stock? With or without RF? RM? Fine Art?
Family sharing? Sports? You get the idea. As there are sites specific
to most any category now.

Good luck.

www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:
> the internet is world wide,,, that is why the call it the WWW - World Wide
> Web... kk
>
> "Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > simon wrote:
> >> try the professional galleries on
> >> www.photobox.com
> >> if it helps to get feel for it...This is mine...
> >> http://www.photoboxgallery.com/srsteel
> >>

> > Thanks for the suggestion Simon. This site is oriented for the UK - I
> > should have specified that I'm looking for an outlet in the USA.
> >
> > Charlie

www.kevinkienlein.com

very true... but if you accept payment with paypal, you set your price in
CDN or US $'s and the buyers accounts converts it automatically upon
payment.. easy and seamless... works great for other financial transactions
I have used it for... and I will for photography once I get to that point...
kk

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...