Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Picking the proper lens for your 5D

Picking the proper lens for your 5D

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

There's absolutely no sense in buying a 5D unless you are going to mate it
with the proper lens.

http://www.auto-tel.com/ebay/200mmf215.JPG

Rita

David J. Littleboy

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> There's absolutely no sense in buying a 5D unless you are going to mate it
> with the proper lens.
>
> http://www.auto-tel.com/ebay/200mmf215.JPG

Hehe. Canon doesn't make a 200/2.0, so for some that actually may make
sense. Of course, with stop down metering and manual focus, you won't enjoy
the "Nikon experience".

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Annika1980

David J. Littleboy wrote:

> Hehe. Canon doesn't make a 200/2.0, so for some that actually may make
> sense. Of course, with stop down metering and manual focus, you won't enjoy
> the "Nikon experience".

A better solution would be to find a used Canon 200 f/1.8L.

http://www.tanchung.com/images/canon...200mmf18xu.jpg

Skip

"David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ejj19b$q1o$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
>> There's absolutely no sense in buying a 5D unless you are going to mate
>> it with the proper lens.
>>
>> http://www.auto-tel.com/ebay/200mmf215.JPG

> Hehe. Canon doesn't make a 200/2.0, so for some that actually may make
> sense. Of course, with stop down metering and manual focus, you won't
> enjoy the "Nikon experience".
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

But they used to make the much lamented 200mm f1.8L, which some of us hope
to see return, one day. Darned things are bringing more than new price on
ebay...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

David J. Littleboy

"Skip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
>>> There's absolutely no sense in buying a 5D unless you are going to mate
>>> it with the proper lens.
>>>
>>> http://www.auto-tel.com/ebay/200mmf215.JPG

>> Hehe. Canon doesn't make a 200/2.0, so for some that actually may make
>> sense. Of course, with stop down metering and manual focus, you won't
>> enjoy the "Nikon experience".
>>

> But they used to make the much lamented 200mm f1.8L, which some of us hope
> to see return, one day. Darned things are bringing more than new price on
> ebay...

My newbie-to-35mm-ness is showing: I just checked the current lens list. I
suspect, though, that the lens in that photo is also an older lens: the
current 200/2.0 is a VR lens that'll set you back US$4000 or so. (Now that's
an interesting question: I wonder if VR Nikkors work as VR with an adaptor
on a Canon. Probably not, since I'd guess the adaptor doesn't provide power
to the lens.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan