Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Slide show

Slide show

Esteban

Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
from digital vacation photos?
Thanks,
Steve

Paul Heslop

Esteban wrote:

> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
> from digital vacation photos?
> Thanks,
> Steve

yes.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Esteban

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Esteban wrote:
>>
>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
>> from digital vacation photos?
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

> yes

Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's on
a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines. He
has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They suggest
using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
questions down the road.
Steve

Esteban

"Esteban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:meC6h.10525$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Esteban wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with
>>> sound
>>> from digital vacation photos?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> yes

> Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's
> on a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines.
> He has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They
> suggest using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
> Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
> questions down the road.
> Steve

Paul, I forgot to ask you if one must format the DVD+RW before starting the
project?
Steve

Paul Heslop

Esteban wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Esteban wrote:
> >>
> >> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
> >> from digital vacation photos?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Steve

> > yes

> Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's on
> a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines. He
> has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They suggest
> using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
> Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
> questions down the road.
> Steve

I personally have only used Nero to burn a slideshow, and then just to
cd-r not dvd. Using an RW disc is okay for personal use but if he is
doing it for others, family etc, then he is wasting his time and
discs. I suppose in that case he could create a master disc on an +RW
and then copy that to +R discs which can be finalised for other folks.

I haven't used any +RW discs but a bit of research says it looks like
they do need to be formatted before first use.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Mike Fields

"Esteban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:meC6h.10525$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Esteban wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with
>>> sound
>>> from digital vacation photos?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> yes

> Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital
> photo's on a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along
> these lines. He has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 (
> suite ). They suggest using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a
> change.
> Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
> questions down the road.
> Steve

You might want to check out ProShow Gold from Photodex
( http://www.photodex.com ). A couple of quirks but in general a
good product (I use it fairly often). Good text and motion
effects and audio stuff is handled fairly well. You might also
check out "memories on tv" http://www.codejam.com/ -- I
have not used it but quite a number of people have and are
happy with it.

mikey

Gordo

To try out making slide shows for free, try Microsoft's Photo Story 3,
download from their web site.

You first create an intermediate file, then convert it to .wmv movie file.
Then use DVD software to copy it to a DVD, either -R or +R.
I have not tried this yet on a DVD player for TV.

To make changes, you must revise the intermediat (project) file and then
re-render the .wmv file, so RWs really do not make much sense.

Also, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and 5 also make slide shows. They call
their intermediat file a creation. Both Elements and Photo Story 3 have the
Pan and Zoom capability as well as being able to add music and narration.
Also text.

Pro Show Gold is a very good program just for creating slide shows and they
have recently released a new version. It has more features than the above
software.

Gordo

"Esteban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:meC6h.10525$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Esteban wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with
>>> sound
>>> from digital vacation photos?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> yes

> Thanks for the response Paul. My friend wants to put his digital photo's
> on a DVD with music. Neither of us have had experience along these lines.
> He has a program called Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 ( suite ). They
> suggest using DVD+RW in case one wants to make a change.
> Does this make sense to you thus far? I am sure there will be more
> questions down the road.
> Steve

Marvin

Esteban wrote:
> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
> from digital vacation photos?
> Thanks,
> Steve

There have been many postings. You can use Google Groups to
see what has already been written.

david

"Esteban д
"
> Is this the correct group to inquire about making a slide show with sound
> from digital vacation photos?
> Thanks,
> Steve

maybe you can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is easy to create a
customized DVD slide

show with photos and videos, and you can add music, transitions,
motion effects and make

beautiful DVD menus., i like it very much.

you can get it here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html

Hope you will like it
good luck