Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > WATERFALLS

WATERFALLS

Forest Wanderer

I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.

Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.

http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

Hebee Jeebes

I love waterfalls. I just bought a guide book of California waterfalls and
was amazed that there are over 200 waterfalls in California. Some on private
land but most on public land. Great shots btw.

"Forest Wanderer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
> am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
> to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
>
> Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
> photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
>
> http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

Ron Hunter

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
> I love waterfalls. I just bought a guide book of California waterfalls and
> was amazed that there are over 200 waterfalls in California. Some on private
> land but most on public land. Great shots btw.

> "Forest Wanderer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
>> am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
>> to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
>>
>> Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
>> photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
>>
>> http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
there. It is a pretty popular subject.

mogh baba

On 13 Nov 2006 19:29:23 -0800, "Forest Wanderer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to share my site that is dedicated to waterfall photography. I
>am just an amateur but I like sharing my work and posting it for others
>to enjoy. Please respond and let me know if you like it.
>
>Personally I think waterfalls are the most beautiful shots for
>photography there are. They all are magical and mysterious.
>
>http://www.forestwaterfalls.com

Nice pictures. you are lucky that have access to so many waterfalls.

Mogh

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron Hunter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
> 84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
> waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
> there. It is a pretty popular subject.

I was just there last summer. Since I live in western WA, it's not a
long drive. But there's about a ten mile stretch where there are
waterfalls everywhere.

Ron Hunter

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron Hunter
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Then you would love a trip down the Columbia river along Oregon highway
>> 84. Lots of really nice waterfalls. Search Webshots.com for
>> waterfalls, and you will probably see some of my pictures (rphunter42)
>> there. It is a pretty popular subject.

> I was just there last summer. Since I live in western WA, it's not a
> long drive. But there's about a ten mile stretch where there are
> waterfalls everywhere.

Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
> young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
just down the road.

Scott W

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron Hunter
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
> > young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

> Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
> decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
> just down the road.

A view from the top, 20 years ago.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123

Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

Scott

John McWilliams

Scott W wrote:
> Randall Ainsworth wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ron Hunter
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Very nice ones at that. Really enjoyed Multnomah Falls. Wish I were
>>> young and able enough to have climbed to the top, or at least to the bridge.

>> Getting to the bridge is a pretty easy climb, but going to the top...I
>> decided to pass. But there's a pretty impressive view from Vista House
>> just down the road.

> A view from the top, 20 years ago.
> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/70242123
>
> Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?

--
John McWilliams

Scott W

John McWilliams wrote:

> > Not a great image but the only one I took when I was up there.

> Where's the farmstead in the photo next to it?

That is in Michigan, from around 1982 back when I was flying
ultra-lights.
In fact it was flying ultra-lights that made me get my first decent
camera, a used Nikon
SLR. Before that I was shooting with an SX70, not a good camera to
take flying.

Scott