Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > image stablizer - optical

image stablizer - optical

hfs2

What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?
-Thanks
kodak p712

rowan194

hfs2 wrote:
> What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

Optical image stabilisation uses (slight) movement of internal glass to
cancel out shakes caused by hand holding. Electronic image
stabilisation uses data from the sensor to decide which way to
electronically shift the image prior to output. Generally, optical is
better.

In a still camera image stabilisation is used to reduce blur caused by
handshake. In a video camera, it is more to reduce visible movement of
framing.

Hebee Jeebes

Actually there are several optical methods besides the moving of the lens
glass. In body stabilization generally moves the sensor. The Pentax for
example uses magnets to do this. Stabilization is a good thing.

"rowan194" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hfs2 wrote:
>> What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

> Optical image stabilisation uses (slight) movement of internal glass to
> cancel out shakes caused by hand holding. Electronic image
> stabilisation uses data from the sensor to decide which way to
> electronically shift the image prior to output. Generally, optical is
> better.
>
> In a still camera image stabilisation is used to reduce blur caused by
> handshake. In a video camera, it is more to reduce visible movement of
> framing.

Marvin

hfs2 wrote:
> What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?
> -Thanks
> kodak p712

An important reason that I bought a Panasonic digicam was to
have image stabilization. I often take photos in museums,
when it is allowed. Use of a flash or a tripod is usually
not allowed, so image stabilization is important. It does
work well.

Hebee Jeebes

I wouldn't own a camera without it. Which is why I am going for the Pentax
K10D. I choose not to be raped by Canon and Nikon with their limited
selections of stabilized lens at screw you till you bleed prices. I would
rather have it in body so all lenses are stabilized even if it is a smidge
less effective.

"Marvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hfs2 wrote:
>> What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?
>> -Thanks
>> kodak p712
>>

> An important reason that I bought a Panasonic digicam was to have image
> stabilization. I often take photos in museums, when it is allowed. Use
> of a flash or a tripod is usually not allowed, so image stabilization is
> important. It does work well.

Petri Lopia

On 2006-11-13, hfs2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

It's everything else than trouble.
I have 3 image stabilizer (optical) lenses and I could not
even think those lenses without IS.

--
Petri Lopia :: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
Lightnings, StormChasing, Moon, Nature: