Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Batch Image Adjustments in Apple Aperture

Batch Image Adjustments in Apple Aperture

Isoaxis@gmail.com

I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
get me where I want to be, though.

I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
even possible?

If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
know.

thanks,
..brit

Al Monte

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
> Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
> things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
> the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
> pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
> Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
> photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
> get me where I want to be, though.
>
> I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
> Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
> even possible?
>
> If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
> know.
>

> thanks,
> .brit

I'm letting you know that I have experience in making batch changes like this.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

> I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
> Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
> things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
> the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
> pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
> Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
> photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
> get me where I want to be, though.
>
> I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
> Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
> even possible?
>
> If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
> know.

I suggest you go to http://www.apple.com and click on the tab labeled
"support" then click on the link labeled "discussions." There, you will
find a link to an Aperture discussion where you can find a lot of
information about Aperture, as well as post questions in the forum there.

John McWilliams

Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
>> Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
>> things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
>> the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
>> pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
>> Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
>> photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
>> get me where I want to be, though.
>>
>> I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
>> Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
>> even possible?
>>
>> If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
>> know.

> I suggest you go to http://www.apple.com and click on the tab labeled
> "support" then click on the link labeled "discussions." There, you will
> find a link to an Aperture discussion where you can find a lot of
> information about Aperture, as well as post questions in the forum there.

At the same time, discussions of PS, Aperture and Lightroom are quite
welcome in my book.

--
John McWilliams

Isoaxis@gmail.com

So, what do you recommend for doing changes such as these? The more I
play around with it, the more I feel like I should just stick with
creating a Photoshop action.

Thanks for the advice.

thanks,
..brit