Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Take photos while connected to pc via USB

Take photos while connected to pc via USB

galenward@gmail.com

I'm looking for recommendations for a digital camera that can take
pictures while connected via USB. Ideally you would be able to use the
shutter button or a cable connected to the camera to take pictures. The
main thing I don't want is a special program that is required to take
pictures while the camera is plugged in.

Any ideas?

Scott W

> I'm looking for recommendations for a digital camera that can take
> pictures while connected via USB. Ideally you would be able to use the
> shutter button or a cable connected to the camera to take pictures. The
> main thing I don't want is a special program that is required to take
> pictures while the camera is plugged in.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you wanting the photos to go to the hard disk?
Many if not all of the Canon DSLR cameras have a mode that lets you
shoot right to the
hard drive. This does take software that comes with the camera, if you
want to transfer automatically.

If you just want to be able to see the photos as they are put on the
flash card there is no software needed, depending on your operating
system. But with the Canon camera only the jpeg files show up not the
raw when connected like this.

Scott

Pete D

"Scott W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm looking for recommendations for a digital camera that can take
>> pictures while connected via USB. Ideally you would be able to use the
>> shutter button or a cable connected to the camera to take pictures. The
>> main thing I don't want is a special program that is required to take
>> pictures while the camera is plugged in.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> Are you wanting the photos to go to the hard disk?
> Many if not all of the Canon DSLR cameras have a mode that lets you
> shoot right to the
> hard drive. This does take software that comes with the camera, if you
> want to transfer automatically.
>
> If you just want to be able to see the photos as they are put on the
> flash card there is no software needed, depending on your operating
> system. But with the Canon camera only the jpeg files show up not the
> raw when connected like this.
>
> Scott

Pentax D-SLRs do this but only capture in RAW, I think you have to release
the shutter from the PC..