Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FALL PANOS LOVE THE 20D!

FALL PANOS LOVE THE 20D!

John McWilliams

Derek Fountain wrote:
>> Bret's image looks like reality.
>> This new version looks like Candy Land.

> I agree. Those greens look awful.

I like the way Mike has opened up the colors of the leaves, but prefer
the original green of the grass. Time to layer and paint on masks!

--
John McWilliams

SimonLW

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Rutger wrote:
>> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
>> > Took these today during lunch.

>> The stitch is very noticable in the road. Don't like it...
>>

> I agree. That was a quick and dirty stitch using Photomerge in CS2.
> I'll try to do it again with PTgui and see if I can make it better.
>
> The obvious problem is the "corner" in the road. The road itself was
> pretty straight.

I noticed the dog leg in the road, but to the left there is a distinct blue
band in the road that is also seen in the grass. Is that a stitching
artifact?
Other than this, it is a great shot.
-S

Mike Russell

"SimonLW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45532ffd$(E-Mail Removed)...

[re Annika1980's tennessee fall pano]
> I noticed the dog leg in the road, but to the left there is a distinct
> blue band in the road that is also seen in the grass. Is that a stitching
> artifact?
> Other than this, it is a great shot.

Yes, it is a gorgeous picture. The image is considerably bluer just left of
center, and there is a join line in the road where the color change is
visible. My guess is that Auto WB was at work, compensating for the larger
area of relatively blue sky in the right part of the pano.

BTW - some of you may have a point about the first version of this image.
I've posted another "compromise" version of my curved image that allows you
to compare the original, my "colorful" version, and a blend of the two.
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/Tennessee/
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Annika1980

I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen here:

MarkČ

Annika1980 wrote:
> I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen
> here:

Best of the bunch.

www.pbase.com/markuson

MarkČ

Annika1980 wrote:
> I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen
> here:

www.pbase.com/markuson

SimonLW

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen here:

You got it now. Awesome!

Stujoe

In article <455480a6$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> >
> > I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen here:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/69974230/original

That is beautiful and impressive!

--
Stujoe
http://www.DigitalPhotoPeople.com

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 9 Nov 2006 19:20:43 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Annika1980"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I re-stitched the photo using PTgui and got a better result, seen here:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/69974230/original

Very nice. Wish I could get up in the mountains with similar scenery. Best
I can muster around my neck of the woods is the two shots at the bottom of
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ano/index.html
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))