Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > nikon D50 lenses ?

nikon D50 lenses ?

JimO

I have a D50 with a Quantary 70-300. I don't have it handy but I think it's
like f/4 - 5.6. Works great for action and sports on bright sunny day but
you can't use in low light. It's very light weight.

"Bill Crocker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> " bongo" <(E-Mail Removed)_no> wrote in message
> news:czi4h.17934$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi,
>> i was wondering if anyone knows if there are any other makes of lenses,
>> that will fit the nikon D50?.
>> i dont mind if the lens will not use auto focus and i have to focus
>> manually.
>>

> In addition to the manufactures already mentioned, Ritz Camera carries a
> line of inexpensive lenses labeled Quantaray. I've never used one, and
> from what I've heard they're not high quality, but they can get the job
> done if your budget is limited. They may be manufactured by one of the
> other companies, and just re-branded for Ritz Camera.
>
> I have a Nikon D200, and I tried a Sigma 50-500mm, and I was not
> impressed. I recently purchased a Tokina 12-24mm for about half the price
> of it's Nikon counter part, and I actually think it's better!
>
> Bill Crocker

Dennis Pogson

Adrian Boliston wrote:
> "Dennis Pogson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ywn4h.9091$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> You can get the shorter focal length zooms (kit lenses) for around
>> 80 to 100 on Ebay. The 17-55 actually retails new for 84 in the
>> UK.

> I wish! I paid about 10X this for my 17-55. I think you must mean
> the 18-55 3.5/5.6.

Sorry! My mistake! I did mean the 18-55! Park Cameras are seeling this for
84. Some idiots are buy them second-hand on Ebay and paying 100+.