Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Eyes Closed

Eyes Closed

MarkČ

Marvin wrote:
> Mike Fields wrote:
>>
>> "Trey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got a photo I took with a bunch of friends the other day on
>>> top of a nearby mountain. Its a really great photo, and I'd like
>>> to keep it, but one of us has his eyes closed. I tried fixing it
>>> with photoshop, but its not me, and so I don't really have any
>>> other pictures to go with (plus I'm awful at photoshop!). Is there
>>> a tool I could download that can do it automatically or anything (I
>>> know they make red-eye reducing tools, so I thought there might
>>> be)? Or do you all have any other advice?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Trey

>> Well, if they are still around, see if you can get a picture of the
>> one that was napping ... I mean had their eyes closed under
>> similar light conditions (and direction). Copy their eyes from
>> the new picture into the old one - with a bit of work it should
>> work fairly well (see how the clone tool works) -- for a close
>> up, it ain't gonna work very well, but if they are off a ways, it
>> should work fine (or find someone else with the same eyes and
>> "borrow" their eyes !)
>>
>> mikey
>>

> I did that once in a picture of my three daughters. I
> copied the eyes of one to replace the closed eyes of
> another. I thought I did a great job, but all three
> daughters immediately noticed the change.

That's only SLIGHTLY less creepy that the lady in the middle east that had a
dead lady's face sewn onto hers... Even if it looks "human"...you've still
got someone else's face.
-They say eyes are the windows to the soul. ...There is NO part of the face
that we focus more intently on. For that reason, eyes need to stay intact.
Open...closed...or utterly poked out.

-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

Steve Cutchen

In article <rjc4h.10292$(E-Mail Removed)>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>
wrote:

> Marvin wrote:
> > Mike Fields wrote:
> >>
> >> "Trey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> >> Well, if they are still around, see if you can get a picture of the
> >> one that was napping ... I mean had their eyes closed under
> >> similar light conditions (and direction). Copy their eyes from
> >> the new picture into the old one - with a bit of work it should
> >> work fairly well (see how the clone tool works) -- for a close
> >> up, it ain't gonna work very well, but if they are off a ways, it
> >> should work fine (or find someone else with the same eyes and
> >> "borrow" their eyes !)
> >>
> >> mikey
> >>

> > I did that once in a picture of my three daughters. I
> > copied the eyes of one to replace the closed eyes of
> > another. I thought I did a great job, but all three
> > daughters immediately noticed the change.

> That's only SLIGHTLY less creepy that the lady in the middle east that had a
> dead lady's face sewn onto hers...

That was France.

MarkČ

Steve Cutchen wrote:
> In article <rjc4h.10292$(E-Mail Removed)>, MarkČ <
> here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>> Marvin wrote:

>>> I did that once in a picture of my three daughters. I
>>> copied the eyes of one to replace the closed eyes of
>>> another. I thought I did a great job, but all three
>>> daughters immediately noticed the change.

>> That's only SLIGHTLY less creepy that the lady in the middle east
>> that had a dead lady's face sewn onto hers...

> That was France.

Like I said... The Middle East.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

>I've got a photo I took with a bunch of friends the other day on top of
>a nearby mountain. Its a really great photo, and I'd like to keep it,
>but one of us has his eyes closed. I tried fixing it with photoshop,
>but its not me, and so I don't really have any other pictures to go
>with (plus I'm awful at photoshop!). Is there a tool I could download
>that can do it automatically or anything (I know they make red-eye
>reducing tools, so I thought there might be)? Or do you all have any
>other advice?

Too late for this photo, but --- as I just posted in another thread
--- if you use a tiny bit of flash outdoors when taking pictures of
people, you can ask the people afterward if everyone saw the flash.
If everyone did, no one's eyes were closed.

-Joel

Free Bible and Mishna printouts in Hebrew: http://liturgy.exc.com/

Bill Funk

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:48:11 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman)
wrote:

>>I've got a photo I took with a bunch of friends the other day on top of
>>a nearby mountain. Its a really great photo, and I'd like to keep it,
>>but one of us has his eyes closed. I tried fixing it with photoshop,
>>but its not me, and so I don't really have any other pictures to go
>>with (plus I'm awful at photoshop!). Is there a tool I could download
>>that can do it automatically or anything (I know they make red-eye
>>reducing tools, so I thought there might be)? Or do you all have any
>>other advice?

>Too late for this photo, but --- as I just posted in another thread
>--- if you use a tiny bit of flash outdoors when taking pictures of
>people, you can ask the people afterward if everyone saw the flash.
>If everyone did, no one's eyes were closed.
>
>-Joel

Today, almost everyone shoots digital; it's easy to review the image
to see if all eyes were open.
As House says, everyone lies.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

John McWilliams

Bill Funk wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:48:11 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman)
> wrote:
>
>>> I've got a photo I took with a bunch of friends the other day on top of
>>> a nearby mountain. Its a really great photo, and I'd like to keep it,
>>> but one of us has his eyes closed. I tried fixing it with photoshop,
>>> but its not me, and so I don't really have any other pictures to go
>>> with (plus I'm awful at photoshop!). Is there a tool I could download
>>> that can do it automatically or anything (I know they make red-eye
>>> reducing tools, so I thought there might be)? Or do you all have any
>>> other advice?

>> Too late for this photo, but --- as I just posted in another thread
>> --- if you use a tiny bit of flash outdoors when taking pictures of
>> people, you can ask the people afterward if everyone saw the flash.
>> If everyone did, no one's eyes were closed.

> Today, almost everyone shoots digital; it's easy to review the image
> to see if all eyes were open.
> As House says, everyone lies.

Not everyone likes to review each image, much less chimp. Dr. J's method
is a good one.

--
John McWilliams

"Youth is full of sport, age's breath is short; youth is nimble, age is
lame; Youth is hot and bold, age is weak and cold; Youth is wild, and
age is tame."
-- William Shakespeare

ASAAR

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 08:54:42 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

>> Today, almost everyone shoots digital; it's easy to review the image
>> to see if all eyes were open.
>> As House says, everyone lies.

> Not everyone likes to review each image, much less chimp. Dr. J's method
> is a good one.

Not everyone likes having their picture taken. Dr. J's method
relies on cooperation from (to single out one age group) kids that
would rather be somewhere else. I highly doubt that any pro whose
livelihood depends on getting the shot would care to rely on such an
iffy method of determining if any eyes were closed. Some may prefer
"asking", others may prefer "chimping". I'd rather take two or
three shots and trust that at least one worked.

It's not always the photographer that's responsible for chimping.
If the shots include kids, I've found that they'll often run to the
camera to see how the shot looks. If anything goes awry, they're
the ones most likely to happily pose for another shot.

Leroy

Or, strap some air horns to your back, set the shot up on a tripod and use a
remote release. Then just before you take the shot, fire the air horns.
Bet you don't get anyone with closed eyes then.

"Mike Fields" <spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> Well, if they are still around, see if you can get a picture of the
> one that was napping ...

Bri.

Leroy wrote:
> Or, strap some air horns to your back, set the shot up on a tripod
> and use a remote release. Then just before you take the shot, fire
> the air horns. Bet you don't get anyone with closed eyes then.

Thank you, your suggestion worked very well indeed.

Have you any method of correcting a pic where everyone has their mouths
wide open?

TIA

--
Bri.

MarkČ

Bri. wrote:
> Leroy wrote:
>> Or, strap some air horns to your back, set the shot up on a tripod
>> and use a remote release. Then just before you take the shot, fire
>> the air horns. Bet you don't get anyone with closed eyes then.

> Thank you, your suggestion worked very well indeed.
>
> Have you any method of correcting a pic where everyone has their
> mouths wide open?

-And their fingers in their ears?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Windows Eyes Rosanne ASP .Net 0 10-25-2005 05:41 PM
i-TTL and closed eyes Walter Hofmann Digital Photography 7 12-25-2004 05:55 AM
Re: need second pair of eyes: databinder.eval problem Phil Winstanley [Microsoft MVP ASP.NET] ASP .Net 3 06-21-2004 06:24 PM
need second pair of eyes: databinder.eval problem darrel ASP .Net 0 06-21-2004 03:16 PM
Opera - .closed not accessible if window is closed? Matt Kruse Javascript 5 09-09-2003 01:27 AM

Advertisments