Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > What is Microsoft's Policy on Transcenders?

What is Microsoft's Policy on Transcenders?

Chris Kennedy

I can't find anything on Microsoft's site but don't want to use them if are
officially considered cheating.

Maria

Remember that absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Don't be a victim of FUD...

Chris Kennedy

What's FUD - I won't take offence if the F stands for something unsavoury!
And what does 'proof of absence mean'?

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07f501c37b87$667a7a50$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Remember that absence of proof is not proof of absence.
| Don't be a victim of FUD...

Leigh Kendall

MS would have shut them down long ago if they were cheating... They are not
cheating. Brain dumps are cheating. They're also advertised in MS's MCP
Certification magazine.

They [Transcender] have chosen not to participate in MS's certified exam
prep program or whatever it's called. Sort of like you not getting your MCSD

Leigh Kendall, MCSD, MCDBA

"Chris Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't find anything on Microsoft's site but don't want to use them if

are
> officially considered cheating.

Maria

>What's FUD - I won't take offence if the F stands for
something unsavoury!
>And what does 'proof of absence mean'?

The F does stand for a four-letter word, but it's quite
clean... FUD is an old marketing ploy, and it stands for
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. IBM used to be very good at
it.

Your first post suggested to me that you thought Microsoft
disapproves of using Transcender practice tests.

But even though you did not find evidence that Microsoft
approves of Transcender, this does not really 'prove' that
Microsoft disapproves of Transcender.

Or, in general: if you cannot prove that something is
true, you have not actually proved that it is false.
(Even if it were possible to prove a negative in the first
place).

And if I have now managed to muddle things up even more,
then I apologise ;o)

Maria

Chris Kennedy

I bet you're really good at things like logic gates in electronics.

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:026901c37bb3$03ba4f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >What's FUD - I won't take offence if the F stands for
| something unsavoury!
| >And what does 'proof of absence mean'?
| >

| The F does stand for a four-letter word, but it's quite
| clean... FUD is an old marketing ploy, and it stands for
| Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. IBM used to be very good at
| it.
|
| Your first post suggested to me that you thought Microsoft
| disapproves of using Transcender practice tests.
|
| But even though you did not find evidence that Microsoft
| approves of Transcender, this does not really 'prove' that
| Microsoft disapproves of Transcender.
|
| Or, in general: if you cannot prove that something is
| true, you have not actually proved that it is false.
| (Even if it were possible to prove a negative in the first
| place).
|
| And if I have now managed to muddle things up even more,
| then I apologise ;o)
|
| Maria

Kline Sphere

>I bet you're really good at things like logic gates in electronics.

Ummm... and/or while, maybe not!

Maria

>I bet you're really good at things like logic gates in
electronics.

No, I am not in electronics. I have fond memories though
of writing firmware (FORTH o/s on 6809 and 68000, and
serial comms). Logic gates and PLCs are quite beyond me ;o)

Maria

Kline Sphere

>FORTH

Aghhhhh!!! A true write once, read never again language. I thought
astronomers were the only people to ever have used forth!

Maria

>Aghhhhh!!! A true write once, read never again language.

Having come across an ancient printout (fanfold paper, no
less) of one of my masterpieces, I'm afraid I have to
agree with you.

>I thought astronomers were the only people to ever have

used forth!

Forth originated with astronomers who used it in early
satellites, but it is useful in any system with very
little memory. I used it years ago for automotive work and
once enhanced a pharmaceutical production-line controller.
I believe some white-goods appliances also use(d) it. Do
you know of another language that has a command-line
interpreter of 2KB, and a complete kernel in 8KB?
Interactive debugging comes as standard, multitasking and -
threading are the norm. There are even chips with Forth as
the assembly language, I'm not making this up!
www.fig-org.uk

Maria