Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Batteries Charger VS Batteries capacity

Reply
Thread Tools

Batteries Charger VS Batteries capacity

 
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> If I understand...
>
> If I'm looking for battries who will give me more picture with my
> digital camera and I dont care about the fact that maybe I will need to
> recharge it every day, it's better for me to by new 2900mah batteries ?
> right?
>
> The only advantage I see with eneloop it's you can store it for a long
> time and it will still have a lot of power...
>
>
> Is that correct?
>
> Thanks again!
>
>


>


Basically. However, it is generally also true that an improved
technology improves overall performance. Since I am currently using an
old NIMH pack, I may look into eneloop batteries.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SMS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> 2 years ago, I bought a one hour NIMH charger. That charger came with
> 2300mah batteries. What's append if I bought new batteries with more
> capacity like 2700mah or 2900mah ?
>
> The charger will not charge completly the batteries? or it doesnt
> matter?
>
> Do we need to buy new charger everytime when the compagny create new
> batteries with more capacity?


Not usually. Some older chargers do have a cut-off time which, combined
with their low charge rate, cuts off prior to a fully-discharged
high-capacity cell being fully charged. You'd have to take the batteries
out and put them back in, or unplug/plug-in the charger. I.e., a charger
with a 500mA charge rate, and a five hour cut-off, would not fully
charge a 2900mAH battery that was fully discharged.

As to the highest capacity batteries, stick with a name brand such as
Sanyo, where the rated capacity actually bears a relation to the actual
capacity.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SMS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2006
Dave Cohen wrote:

> Not much more expensive, I paid $12 at Ritz retail (tho only place I've
> seen them retail). Can't comment except to say never charged, 640 shots
> so far and still shooting.


I saw 4 packs of eneloops at Fry's for less than $20. Was $12 for two or
for four?
 
Reply With Quote
 
ASAAR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2006
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 05:51:38 -0800, SMS wrote:

> Not usually. Some older chargers do have a cut-off time which, combined
> with their low charge rate, cuts off prior to a fully-discharged
> high-capacity cell being fully charged. You'd have to take the batteries
> out and put them back in, or unplug/plug-in the charger. I.e., a charger
> with a 500mA charge rate, and a five hour cut-off, would not fully
> charge a 2900mAH battery that was fully discharged.


Although true, your implication that more than 5 hours (2900 / 500
== 5. would be needed for a full charge is not accurate. At a
500mA charge rate, about 8 hours would be needed for a full charge
since the charging process isn't close to being 100% efficient. You
forgot that, or never knew it?


> As to the highest capacity batteries, stick with a name brand
> such as Sanyo, where the rated capacity actually bears a relation
> to the actual capacity.


Sanyo produces good products, but they're far from being the only
manufacturer of high quality batteries.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Johnson, PE
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2006
SMS wrote:
> Dave Cohen wrote:
>
>> Not much more expensive, I paid $12 at Ritz retail (tho only place
>> I've seen them retail). Can't comment except to say never charged, 640
>> shots so far and still shooting.

>
> I saw 4 packs of eneloops at Fry's for less than $20. Was $12 for two or
> for four?


The cheapest i have seen the Eneloops were at Ritz Camera. Around $12
for a set of four AAs.
 
Reply With Quote
 
AnAmigan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
I bought two sets of four batteries by Panasonic which are R2
technology.
Long life when not in use, smart charger charges each battery
individually.
I'd much rather have my second set of batteries actually still
having a
charge when I go to use them instead of having 200 more shots for
each
charge.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tenergy T6278 Universal Smart Charger, Finally a Good Charger forC & D NiMH cells SMS Digital Photography 0 07-09-2008 12:03 AM
Any higher capacity batteries for Canon SD700? self Digital Photography 2 12-27-2007 03:05 AM
Battery Charger Capacity Question Shaun Eli Digital Photography 9 05-01-2006 10:15 PM
AA NiCad's: bad luck with Radio Shack "High-Capacity" batteries Ben Digital Photography 9 01-07-2005 05:14 PM
DVD stated capacity vs Ulead Movie factory stated capacity ftran999 Computer Support 5 11-23-2004 08:43 AM



Advertisments