Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I found a sony digital camera..

I found a sony digital camera..

Carol

A Nikon camera was stolen from a locked cabinet at work a few years
ago. While making the appropriate reports I was instructed to notify
Nikon of the theft. Although it was many, many years ago and if memory
serves, the customer service rep I spoke with at Nikon took the serial
number in order to make a note in their data base in case the camera
came in for repairs.

I am sure Sony does the same and may even be able to contact the owner
on your behalf. Never waste the opportunity to do the right thing.

Carol

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Neil Ellwood wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:23:01 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
> >

> > > In the UK you take it to the police station. They take your name and
> > > address etc and if the item/s are not claimed and do not turn out to
> > > be stolen you receive them at the end of a set time.

> > 12 months for most objects but can be as little as 1 month.
> > --
> > Neil
> > swap 'ra' and delete 'l' for email

> depending on how valuable it is to one of the bobbies eh? :O)
>
> It doesn't half annoy me that Treasure trove thing though... specially
> Scotland's
>
> http://www.channel4.com/history/timeteam/faqs_2.html
>

> --
> Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Joseph Rooney

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neil Ellwood wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:23:01 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
> >

> > > In the UK you take it to the police station. They take your name and

snip

Here's what happens in the States:

<<http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/...ay?cgrfnbr=331
39208&cgmenbr=31895249&gallery=>>

Joe

Matt Ion

PitR wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> Driving along a few days ago I saw on the street a Sony Mavica CD500.
> It has an external mount flash and the camera seems to be in decent
> condition..
>
> It appears as if though it had been dropped from a moving vehicle, as
> it has bumps and scratches, and the flash glass cover is missing..
>
> Nevertheless, pictures are still being taken and they get recorded into
> its CD..

Were there any pictures still on it? Someone may be missing irreplaceable
memories there...

http://tinyurl.com/yjsp34

All_Thumbs

"Joseph Rooney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Neil Ellwood wrote:

> snip
>
> Here's what happens in the States:
>
> <<http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/...ay?cgrfnbr=331
> 39208&cgmenbr=31895249&gallery=>>
>
> Joe

Same link as above ...

http://tinyurl.com/yhslzr

Paul Heslop

Carol wrote:

> A Nikon camera was stolen from a locked cabinet at work a few years
> ago. While making the appropriate reports I was instructed to notify
> Nikon of the theft. Although it was many, many years ago and if memory
> serves, the customer service rep I spoke with at Nikon took the serial
> number in order to make a note in their data base in case the camera
> came in for repairs.
>
> I am sure Sony does the same and may even be able to contact the owner
> on your behalf. Never waste the opportunity to do the right thing.
>
> Carol

That's actually pretty cool

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

PitR

Matt Ion wrote:
> PitR wrote:
> > Hi all..
> >
> > Driving along a few days ago I saw on the street a Sony Mavica CD500.
> > It has an external mount flash and the camera seems to be in decent
> > condition..
> >
> > It appears as if though it had been dropped from a moving vehicle, as
> > it has bumps and scratches, and the flash glass cover is missing..
> >
> > Nevertheless, pictures are still being taken and they get recorded into
> > its CD..

> Were there any pictures still on it? Someone may be missing irreplaceable
> memories there...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yjsp34

There were.. About 8 or 9 pictures of what seemed to be a crime scene..
There were pictures of a broken fence, a footprint on mud with a ruler
next to it, pictures of tyre tracks, and the inside of an abandoned
building..

chris_doran@postmaster.co.uk

All_Thumbs wrote:
> "Joseph Rooney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > snip
> >
> > Here's what happens in the States:
> >
> > <<http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/...ay?cgrfnbr=331
> > 39208&cgmenbr=31895249&gallery=>>
> >
> > Joe
> >

> Same link as above ...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yhslzr

That happens in the UK too, e.g.
http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/X...nCat.asp?ID=27 but I
suspect (sorry) that these are stolen goods recovered in raids on
burglars/fences rather than lost and found.

Chris

minnesotti

PitR wrote:
> Matt Ion wrote:
> > PitR wrote:
> > > Hi all..
> > >
> > > Driving along a few days ago I saw on the street a Sony Mavica CD500.
> > > It has an external mount flash and the camera seems to be in decent
> > > condition..
> > >
> > > It appears as if though it had been dropped from a moving vehicle, as
> > > it has bumps and scratches, and the flash glass cover is missing..
> > >
> > > Nevertheless, pictures are still being taken and they get recorded into
> > > its CD..

> > Were there any pictures still on it? Someone may be missing irreplaceable
> > memories there...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/yjsp34

> There were.. About 8 or 9 pictures of what seemed to be a crime scene..
> There were pictures of a broken fence, a footprint on mud with a ruler
> next to it, pictures of tyre tracks, and the inside of an abandoned
> building..

Then the camera was owned by the real estate agent who impressed the
damage to the client's rental property ...