Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > computer engineering

computer engineering

You Are Right

i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

Phlip

You Are Right wrote:

> i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
> computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

They will help you get a job with a company that wants to advertise it's an
MS Certified Solution Provider.

Try this: Read a question on a Microsoft networking or programming
newsgroup. Take it to one of those "certification" books, and try to look up
the answer.

--
Phlip
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces

Phlip

You Are Right wrote:

> i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
> computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

Almost forgot one tiny detail:

Neither program will teach you how to write programmer tests, for a short
time, to avoid using the Visual Basic debugger, for a long time.

--
Phlip
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces

Mike

That depends on what you want to do after graduation. If you want to work
in an IT department managing a company's network, then focus on the MCSE.
If your interests are more in line with software development, then get the
MCSD.

-Mike

"You Are Right" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk0rfq$adf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
> computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

Roy Lawson

I agree with Mike. Also, if you are pursuing Computer
Engineering other things will open up as well (lower level
programming) on the hardware side. Think embedded code.
If you want to pursue the hardware side, look at some unix
certifications and take all the math you can get.

But for desktop and web applications, there is the MCSD
and then there is the networking and administration side
of the house. And don't forget database management. You
have a ton of options.

right now, focus on getting good grades in school.

-Roy