Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Use of an old film lens for DSLR camera

Use of an old film lens for DSLR camera

Satoshi

I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4 (50
mm) lens.
I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way to
use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

All_Thumbs

"Satoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ei67ti$neg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4
>(50 mm) lens.
> I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way
> to use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
> If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

Lets see, I found this ...

http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html

nope, that might not be what you are looking for ....

You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

Satoshi

Hi,

>> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

Could you please more specific on M42 ring and Nikon adaptor?
Even though I owned the Pentax camera for about 40 years, I have no idea
about M42.
Your help would be appreciated.

Satoshi

"All_Thumbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Satoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ei67ti$neg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4
>>(50 mm) lens.
>> I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way
>> to use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
>> If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi
>>

> Lets see, I found this ...
>
> http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html
>
> nope, that might not be what you are looking for ....
>
> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

All_Thumbs

"Satoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ei6av0$okg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
>>> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

> Could you please more specific on M42 ring and Nikon adaptor?
> Even though I owned the Pentax camera for about 40 years, I have no idea
> about M42.
> Your help would be appreciated.
>
> Satoshi
>

> "All_Thumbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Satoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ei67ti$neg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4
>>>(50 mm) lens.
>>> I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way
>>> to use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
>>> If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi
>>>

>> Lets see, I found this ...
>>
>> http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html
>>
>> nope, that might not be what you are looking for ....
>>
>> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

Pentax uses a screw in lens, right? The M42 adapter is sized to the Pentax
lens, the other side fits the Nikon mount.

On your search engine type "Pentax Nikon Adapter".

tomm42

On Oct 30, 8:12 pm, "Satoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4 (50
> mm) lens.
> I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way to
> use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
> If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

The Nikon body is thicker than the Pentax so the lens will not focus to
infinity even if you do find an adapter. Would fit a Pentax DSLR. Nikon
bodies are the thickest of all the SLRs, so you cannot adapt other
mount lenses to Nikons. On the other hand you can adapt Nikon lenses to
other cameras, strictly manual though.

Tom