Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Still photographers - NFL

Still photographers - NFL

ronviers@gmail.com

I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?

Thanks,
Ron

John McWilliams

> I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
> brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
> loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?

With all respect, you should adjust the white point and luminance on
your TV.....

So, how 'bout those Niners??

<sob>

--
John McWilliams

MarkČ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
> brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
> loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

I've never seen what you describe.
Some guys do cover part of their lenses with duct tape...or other protective
stuff.
www.pbase.com/markuson

John Turco

John McWilliams wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
> > brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
> > loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?

> With all respect, you should adjust the white point and luminance on
> your TV.....
>
> So, how 'bout those Niners??
>
> <sob>
>
> --
> John McWilliam

Hello, John:

They reek, and the Bears are frauds, as usual.

You read it here, first! <g>

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Mike Perkins

On 30 Oct 2006 08:48:28 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
>brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
>loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron

You mean like this?

http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg

Oh, and Go Vikings.
--
Mike
The Kansas Viking

ronviers@gmail.com

Mike Perkins wrote:

> You mean like this?
>
> http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg
>
> Oh, and Go Vikings.
> --
> Mike
> The Kansas Viking
> www.kansasviking.com

That's it. And not only that but lenses with even more and bigger
rubber collars or sleeves. Maybe they are all Canons but they look
different this year.

Thanks,
Ron

Go Colts

John McWilliams

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>> You mean like this?
>>
>> http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg
>>
>> Oh, and Go Vikings.
>> --
>> Mike
>> The Kansas Viking
>> www.kansasviking.com

> That's it. And not only that but lenses with even more and bigger
> rubber collars or sleeves. Maybe they are all Canons but they look
> different this year.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
>
> Go Colts

The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

And, Halt! Vikings.

GO NINERS.

All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

--
John McWilliams

Mike Perkins

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:23:30 -0800, John McWilliams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
>Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

Nope, Olympus SP-510UZ inside the Metrodome last Monday night. Some
very lousy lighting in there.

>And, Halt! Vikings.
>
>GO NINERS.
>
>All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
>turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

Congrats on the win. We continue to stink it up. It's going to be a
long second half of the season. ;-(
--
Mike
The Kansas Viking

John McWilliams

Mike Perkins wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:23:30 -0800, John McWilliams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
>> Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

> Nope, Olympus SP-510UZ inside the Metrodome last Monday night. Some
> very lousy lighting in there.
>
>> And, Halt! Vikings.
>>
>> GO NINERS.
>>
>> All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
>> turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

> Congrats on the win. We continue to stink it up. It's going to be a
> long second half of the season.

Same out here. Both teams deserved to lose, but only one could. Not a
single TD in sight.

Good thing we have photography to concentrate on.

--
john mcwilliams

"Arrest more photographers! Arrest more photographers!" RichA Digital Photography 0 09-10-2010 01:56 PM
NFL pcbutts1 Computer Support 3 08-10-2005 04:55 AM
NFL 2005 BeeP Computer Support 1 03-23-2005 02:05 PM
New Releases: Purple Rain (20th Anniversary) & NFL Highlights: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 06-10-2004 04:01 AM
OT: If you like NFL football... MCSE World MCSE 0 09-07-2003 11:54 PM

Advertisments