Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus CAMEDIA C5500 and successor

Olympus CAMEDIA C5500 and successor

veritas

I have read that the Olympus CAMEDIA C5500 is very good value for money for
a compact .

See here : http://tech.yahoo.com/rc/digital-cameras/103

or here :
http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product....00&sku=OMC5500

Is the ranking by comsumerreports.org I provided in the link by Yahoo still
currently valid or is it dated ?Is this camera still in production ? And
lastly what is its "rightful successor" in terms of function and $$$ value
in its class ( Olympus preferably but any manufacturer will do ) ?

--
Peter

gpsman

veritas wrote:
> I have read that the Olympus CAMEDIA C5500 is very good value for money for
> a compact .
>
> Is the ranking by comsumerreports.org I provided in the link by Yahoo still
> currently valid or is it dated ?Is this camera still in production ? And
> lastly what is its "rightful successor" in terms of function and $$$ value
> in its class ( Olympus preferably but any manufacturer will do ) ?

This review is from 10/26/02... and remains "applicable", if not
"current", since nothing about digital photography can advance beyond
ones and zeros. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/c5050.html

These dumbasses may disagree http://www.olympus-global.com/en/global/
but what the hell can they do except rearrange the ones and zeros...?
-----

- gpsman