Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo stiching software

Photo stiching software

John Mather

Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

Charlie Choc

I like PTGui: http://www.ptgui.com/
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

David J. Littleboy

"John Mather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

I've been happy with Panorama Factory. I just use it for simple automated
stitching. There are other programs (such as PTGui and PTAssembler, if
memory serves) that give more manual control to fix up stitches that are
difficult.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

All_Thumbs

"John Mather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsj21h.11926$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

Here is a first stop.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Play with that for a while. It does very well.

My current favourite is PTGui. I also use Autopano, sometimes just to create
the setpoints for PTGui.

http://www.ptgui.com/

Opinions vary.

You can do a lot to make panos work out better. Use manual settings on the
camera. Use a tripod. Unless you have a pano head for the tripod, avoid
foreground objects to eliminate parallax problems.

r.

Daniel Silevitch

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

-dms

simon

I use Panorama factory too.
Most, if not all, of the shots here:
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
were stitched using it.

John McWilliams

simon wrote:
> I use Panorama factory too.
> Most, if not all, of the shots here:
> http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
> were stitched using it.

And there's nothing wrong with stitching in Photoshop. Preserver layers
when combining, and you have lots of flexibility.

--
john mcwilliams

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Daniel Silevitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

> You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
> the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
> side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
> of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
> control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!

Charlie Choc

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:54:24 +0900, Stewy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Daniel Silevitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

>> You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
>> the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
>> side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
>> of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
>> control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

>Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!

PTGui has an OS/X version now too, FWIW.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

ian

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
wrote:
: > > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together
: >
: > You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
: > the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
: > side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
: > of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
: > control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).
:
: Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!

if that is a canon camera you should have got some stitchin software.