Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Viewer Bright

Viewer Bright

Mo

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer is
very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking for
some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

Dennis Pogson

Mo wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer
> is very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking
> for some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

There should be an adjustment either on the camera body or in the menu.

ben

you must check it profile

Bill Funk

On 27 Oct 2006 07:34:00 -0700, "Mo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer is
>very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking for
>some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

What camera? Is the viewfinder optical or electronic?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Bill Funk

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:53:50 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mo wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer
>> is very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking
>> for some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

>There should be an adjustment either on the camera body or in the menu.

Where's this adjustment on my 30D?
We need to know what kind of viewfinder it is before we offer such
advice.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Neil Ellwood

Bill Funk wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:53:50 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Mo wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The
>>> viewer
>>> is very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am
>>> looking for some help/advice or to know if the camera can be
>>> fixed.

>>There should be an adjustment either on the camera body or in the
>>menu.
>>

> Where's this adjustment on my 30D?
> We need to know what kind of viewfinder it is before we offer such
> advice.

Manual?
--
Neil
reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

Bill Funk

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 06:53:19 +0100, Neil Ellwood
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bill Funk wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:53:50 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>There should be an adjustment either on the camera body or in the
>>>menu.
>>>

>> Where's this adjustment on my 30D?
>> We need to know what kind of viewfinder it is before we offer such
>> advice.

>Manual?

Meaning what?
Look in the manual, or the viewfinder is manual?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Mo

Mo wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer is
> very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking for
> some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

Many thanks to all who have responded. I apologise for the lack of
information but I've only recently got into photography and this is my
first digital camera and I'm not very confident with it yet. It is a
Minolta DiMage X60 with 5.0 mega pixels, 2.5 inch monitor, 12x zoom and
Optical 3x. I hope this makes sense to someone because it means almost
nothing to me - my local camera shop advised me on the purchase. I did
have a look at the menu and was able to make an adjustment which seems
to have rectified the problem. Once again, many thanks to everyone who
responded, it is much appreciated. Regards to all. Mo.

Not Disclosed

Mo wrote:
> Mo wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my digital camera? The viewer is
>> very bright to the extent of being barely visible? I am looking for
>> some help/advice or to know if the camera can be fixed.

> Many thanks to all who have responded. I apologise for the lack of
> information but I've only recently got into photography and this is my
> first digital camera and I'm not very confident with it yet. It is a
> Minolta DiMage X60 with 5.0 mega pixels, 2.5 inch monitor, 12x zoom and
> Optical 3x. I hope this makes sense to someone because it means almost
> nothing to me - my local camera shop advised me on the purchase. I did
> have a look at the menu and was able to make an adjustment which seems
> to have rectified the problem. Once again, many thanks to everyone who
> responded, it is much appreciated. Regards to all. Mo.

Your local shop sold you a camera from a discontinued maker. Seems like
they did themselves a favour, unless the camera was heavily discounted.