Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony H1 flash too bright?

Sony H1 flash too bright?

louise

I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

TIA

Louise

Fishface

louise wrote:
> I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

Not in the automatic mode. You can change the flash level to
+, normal, and - on the P setting.

louise

thanks - found it - makes a big difference

Louise

Fishface wrote:
> louise wrote:
>> I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
>> and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
>> person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
>> adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

> Not in the automatic mode. You can change the flash level to
> +, normal, and - on the P setting.

www.kevinkienlein.com

diffuse the flash... do a Google search for "a better bounce card" and use
that info too... kk

"louise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits and such, the
>flash is much too bright and washes out the person's face. Is there a
>setting I'm not aware of that can adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Dennis Pogson

louise wrote:
> I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Stick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

tomm42

On Oct 25, 5:56 am, "Dennis Pogson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> louise wrote:
> > I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
> > and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
> > person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
> > adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

> > TIA

> > LouiseStick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

Look how you are holding the camera, are you covering the flash sensor?

Tom

m Ransley

The H5 which should be the same as the H1 has 7 levels you can adjust
flash to, and Slow Syncro, On and Auto, with experimenting you should be
able to get it to work. I know sonys manuals are crap in their
explanations.