Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Rechargable Li-Ion CR-V3 vs 2x NiMH AA

Rechargable Li-Ion CR-V3 vs 2x NiMH AA

Mueen Nawaz

SMS wrote:
> You can't look just at the raw cost. You have to look at the number of
> charge cycles, the number of batteries you actually need to have around,
> etc. With AA batteries, you always want two extra sets, because the
> capacity is lower, while with Li-Ion, a single spare is sufficient for
> most users.

Eh? Capacity is lower?

With NiMH, I've never needed an extra set. It has almost twice the
charge of my Li-Ion battery that came with my DSLR. How could it have a
lower capacity?

--
.... OS/2 VirusScan - "Windows found: Remove it? (Y/y)"

/\ /\ /\ /
/ \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

anl

ASAAR

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 21:51:17 -0600, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> SMS wrote:
>> You can't look just at the raw cost. You have to look at the number of
>> charge cycles, the number of batteries you actually need to have around,
>> etc. With AA batteries, you always want two extra sets, because the
>> capacity is lower, while with Li-Ion, a single spare is sufficient for
>> most users.

> Eh? Capacity is lower?
>
> With NiMH, I've never needed an extra set. It has almost twice the
> charge of my Li-Ion battery that came with my DSLR. How could it have a
> lower capacity?

SMS only needs to find a single Li-Ion battery that has a greater
capacity than another camera that uses 2 NiMH batteries to make one
of his frequent, misleading/deceptive/disingenuous claims. It also
doesn't hurt that cameras using NiMH batteries made more than 3 or 4
years ago really did often have poor to miserable battery
performance. That, however, was more the fault of the cameras than
the NiMH batteries. If you check message archives going back a year
or two you'll quickly see that SMS is a Li-Ion zealot, and his mind
is protected by a shield impervious to facts that don't support his
biases.