Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > transferring photos

transferring photos

frisbee@gmail.com

I'd like to transfer my foto albums from the Kodak website (minimum
yearly purchase required) to another website, without losing
resolution. Can I do this, or do I have to upload from hard drive again?

Paul Heslop

> I'd like to transfer my foto albums from the Kodak website (minimum
> yearly purchase required) to another website, without losing
> resolution. Can I do this, or do I have to upload from hard drive again?

I don't use the service but I don't see why not, unless they display
your pics in reduced quality or you click on a thumbnail by mistake
:O) Easy test, right click on an image on the website and save it to
your computer, check size and quality there.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Derek Fountain

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'd like to transfer my foto albums from the Kodak website (minimum
> yearly purchase required) to another website, without losing
> resolution. Can I do this, or do I have to upload from hard drive again?

A direct website to website transfer would require control of both the
servers. Unless you have that control you're going to have to upload again.

The "losing resolution" part of your question doesn't seem relevant,
which makes me think either I, or you, don't quite understand your
question. )

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I'd like to transfer my foto albums from the Kodak website (minimum
> yearly purchase required) to another website, without losing
> resolution. Can I do this, or do I have to upload from hard drive again?

Do you have the originals at home?

Ron Baird

Hi Frisbee,

Kodak offers the feature of allowing full res downloads to those that are
premium members. The feature costs $25 dollars and offers you a web site as
well for the same amount of money. Once a premium member, you can download
any of your images at full res.

Sorry you are moving to another site. If there is anything I can help you
understand, let me know.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company