Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MeasureUp rules?

MeasureUp rules?

Maria

MeasureUp appears to have got themselves a deal with
Microsoft to push their wares - check out
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/a...nt/default.asp
When you click 'Take an Assessment Now' it goes straight
to the MeasureUp site but the page looks (almost) as if
you are still at the Microsoft site...

Does Microsoft own MeasureUp?

bi-ker

bi-ker

That's because you still are, the site is:
http://www.msmeasureup.com/test/home.asp

"msmeasureup.com" is not the same as "measureup.com". I
presume they are simply using a service provided by
MeasureUp for the purpose of doing the skills assement.

Davin Mickelson

MeasureUp is one of two MCPTP (Microsoft Certified Practice Test Provider:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...cticetests.asp ),
which gives practice test companies advertising exposure and the Microsoft
recommendation seal - great for sales.

The other company is SelfTest Software:
http://www.stsware.com

Learn how the MCPTP program was created here:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p.../qualitypr.asp

Good luck on your quest for Microsoft certification and don't become
discouraged if you fail.

Davin Mickelson
MCSD.NET, MCSA

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5f8b01c37772$e4a98d80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MeasureUp appears to have got themselves a deal with
> Microsoft to push their wares - check out
> http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/a...nt/default.asp
> When you click 'Take an Assessment Now' it goes straight
> to the MeasureUp site but the page looks (almost) as if
> you are still at the Microsoft site...
>
> Does Microsoft own MeasureUp?

Maria

Oops, you're right - I had missed the ms in msmeasureup ...

Maria

Thanks for the link Davin, I had not been there before.
I also saw your post in dBforums, about certification
being a revenue stream for Microsoft.

Maria.

Davin Mickelson

Yes, my big mouth will probably prevent me from ever becoming an MVP.
Perhaps I should create an alias name and join the mcngp. It seems as though
hardly anyone here uses their real name.

I wish someone from the Microsoft Cert Team would explain why they believe
Transcender practice tests are wrong to use and if their use is a violation
of the Microsoft exam NDA.

Good luck to all in achieving your certification(s). It's worth it.

Davin Mickelson
..

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:047e01c3783b$41f8e4e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the link Davin, I had not been there before.
> I also saw your post in dBforums, about certification
> being a revenue stream for Microsoft.
>
> Maria.

Leigh Kendall

> I wish someone from the Microsoft Cert Team would explain why they believe
> Transcender practice tests are wrong to use and if their use is a

violation
> of the Microsoft exam NDA.

I would assume that if they violated the NDA, MS would have sued them by
now. Maybe they have?

Also, do know that the MS cert team in fact believes that they are wrong to
use? If so, how about the other vendors. Why wouldn't theirs be "wrong" as
well?

My real name... <g>
--
Leigh Kendall, MCSD, MCDBA

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

70-316 & MeasureUp exams Andy MCSD 0 03-16-2005 08:41 PM
Preparation 70-316 (MS Books / MeasureUp) Alexander Esser MCSD 1 01-19-2005 08:29 AM
Is there a correlation between measureup % and these 700-900 numbers I'm seeing? Steve Smith MCSD 1 10-29-2004 02:43 PM
is the real test as hard as MeasureUP tests? phatrice MCSD 9 05-11-2004 06:55 PM
@#$**!!! MeasureUp Q Justin Dutoit MCSD 3 08-25-2003 11:26 AM

Advertisments