Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > TestKing practice for MCSD exams?

TestKing practice for MCSD exams?

DllImport

Does anybody have an opinion about TestKing's practice tests for the MCSD
exams?

I have read here that a lot of people like the Transcender exams, but paying
more for the practice exam than for the real exam seems outrageous.

I used MeasureUp's practice exam to assist with the 70-315 test and was
generally disappointed in the quality of (errors in) many of the questions.
I used their "error reporting" process to report problems in many of the
questions but over a month later have not heard even one word back from
them. It was also very disappointing that a large portion of the "extra
study" links they provided for the questions were to pages/chapters in books
that you would have to purchase rather than freely available materials.

Thanks.

Mike Maddux

I've never used TestKing, but Transcender worked great for me. I don't see why
people compare the price of the Transcender material to the cost for taking the
test. There's no connection! More properly compare the cost of the Transcender
material to the question of whether or not you PASS the test and what that might
mean to your career. That would supposedly be worth much more than the cost of
Transcender.

Mike

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, DllImport says...

>Does anybody have an opinion about TestKing's practice tests for the MCSD
>exams?
>
>I have read here that a lot of people like the Transcender exams, but paying
>more for the practice exam than for the real exam seems outrageous.
>
>I used MeasureUp's practice exam to assist with the 70-315 test and was
>generally disappointed in the quality of (errors in) many of the questions.
>I used their "error reporting" process to report problems in many of the
>questions but over a month later have not heard even one word back from
>them. It was also very disappointing that a large portion of the "extra
>study" links they provided for the questions were to pages/chapters in books
>that you would have to purchase rather than freely available materials.
>
>Thanks.

Kyle

I don't mind to spend more to get Transcender.

DllImport

Are you saying that you learn more from a Transcender test than from the 3
books that the price of a Transcender test would pay for?

It sounds like you are saying that Transcender is a dump of the questions on
the test and you don't need to learn anything but just study the Transcender
questions/answers to pass the test. I try to use the practice tests to show
me areas where I need more study, and hopefully the practice test will link
to study info for those questions I get wrong. The MeasureUp test I used
for 70-315 provided that, but the quality of the questions was not that
great and study links were often into books that I didn't own.

I'm looking for a practice exam that is a study aid; it is hard to believe
that any practice exam is worth 3 times the price of a book unless it is a
dump of the questions.

Thanks.

"Mike Maddux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've never used TestKing, but Transcender worked great for me. I don't

see why
> people compare the price of the Transcender material to the cost for

taking the
> test. There's no connection! More properly compare the cost of the

Transcender
> material to the question of whether or not you PASS the test and what that

might
> mean to your career. That would supposedly be worth much more than the

cost of
> Transcender.
>
> Mike
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, DllImport says...
> >
> >Does anybody have an opinion about TestKing's practice tests for the MCSD
> >exams?
> >
> >I have read here that a lot of people like the Transcender exams, but

paying
> >more for the practice exam than for the real exam seems outrageous.
> >
> >I used MeasureUp's practice exam to assist with the 70-315 test and was
> >generally disappointed in the quality of (errors in) many of the

questions.
> >I used their "error reporting" process to report problems in many of the
> >questions but over a month later have not heard even one word back from
> >them. It was also very disappointing that a large portion of the "extra
> >study" links they provided for the questions were to pages/chapters in

books
> >that you would have to purchase rather than freely available materials.
> >
> >Thanks.

Rich

It sounds like the folks at MeasureUp want us to do
they're proofreading for them.

Irky1

Transcender is not a dump but Testking certainly is.

DllImport says...

>> >Does anybody have an opinion about TestKing's practice

tests for the MCSD
>> >exams?
>> >
>> >I have read here that a lot of people like the

Transcender exams, but
>paying
>> >more for the practice exam than for the real exam

seems outrageous.

>> >I used MeasureUp's practice exam to assist with the 70-

315 test and was
>> >generally disappointed in the quality of (errors in)

many of the
>questions.
>> >I used their "error reporting" process to report

problems in many of the
>> >questions but over a month later have not heard even

one word back from
>> >them. It was also very disappointing that a large

portion of the "extra
>> >study" links they provided for the questions were to

pages/chapters in
>books
>> >that you would have to purchase rather than freely

available materials.

>> >Thanks.
>> >

>.

[DllImport\(\MCSD.dll\,EntryPoint=\PassTests\\)]

Thank you, that's what I was trying to find out.

However, if Transcender isn't a dump, what exactly is there about it that
makes it worth 3 times the price of other practice tests?

Thanks.

"Irky1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:01ac01c377b4$687fa400$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Transcender is not a dump but Testking certainly is.

Eric Engler

>However, if Transcender isn't a dump, what exactly is there about it that
>makes it worth 3 times the price of other practice tests?

1) The Transcender interactive test program is very good - it gets you
used to doing the interactive tests

2) The explanations of all of the answers (both right and wrong) are
great. It helps you learn the key words and phrases that affect the
accuracy of the answers.