Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ritz Cameras

Ritz Cameras

Ockham's Razor

has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

TIA

--
There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.

Jack

Ockham's Razor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Mencken-

> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
>
> TIA

Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

Paul Heslop

Ockham's Razor wrote:

> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
>
> TIA

I prefer their crackers

(sorry!) :O)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Dave Cohen

Jack wrote:
> Ockham's Razor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Mencken-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
>>
>> TIA

> Both Ritz and Wolf camera are the same company and are quite high priced.
> Even their so called sales are no bargain. You'd be much better off buying
> from B&H Photo which is a highly reputable firm with fair prices.

No nothing about their cameras or on-line ordering from them, but I
picked up a set of 4 hard to find Sanyo eneloop NiMH's for less than $12
from a store (Massachusetts). If you do a web check you'll find both
competitive prices plus some that are plain ridiculous, but nothing cheaper.
Dave Cohen

bmoag

Ritz is a reliable vendor, period.
They may not have the best prices but they are a real business and will
honor their obligations to consumers as much as B&H, Adorama et al.

Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that Ockham's Razor claimed:

> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

Not online, but I got my Casio EX-500 at a Ritz mall store a few months
ago.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Notes on Fortress Construction: 5. Self-destruct mechanisms should
only be triggerable from the heart of your device/ship/fortress, and
should implode from the outside rather than explode from the inside.

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Ockham's Razor wrote:
>
>>has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

> I prefer their crackers
>
> (sorry!) :O)

Haven't you stayed at their hotel?
(sorry!)

plb49

I have dealt with Ritz for more than 25 years with no problems. I do
check pricegrabber.com for big items, however, as Ritz's prices are all
over the spectrum.

Paul B.

On Oct 18, 7:32 am, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Ockham's Razor wrote:

> >>has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

> > I prefer their crackers

> > (sorry!) :O)Haven't you stayed at their hotel?

> (sorry!)

Dave

Ockham's Razor wrote:
> has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?
>
> TIA

I bought a Nikon EN-EL3e battery from them online just last week. B&H
and just about everyone else has been constantly out of stock. Cost
$49.99 plus reasonable shipping with no tax charged. Others who have
them seem to want "windfall" prices.

FYI Cameta also had them as of a week and a half ago and they are also
reliable, though a bit high on their shipping and handling.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Paul Heslop

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Ockham's Razor wrote:
> >
> >>has anyone had any experience ordering form Ritz Cameras?

> > I prefer their crackers
> >
> > (sorry!) :O)

> Haven't you stayed at their hotel?
> (sorry!)

No, I heard the staff are all crackers :O)