Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 400D/Rebel XTI noise tests and RAW files

Canon 400D/Rebel XTI noise tests and RAW files

Wayne J. Cosshall

Hi All,

I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
(long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
camera:
<http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>

RAW files are available for download of all the tests.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Coordindinator of Studies, Multimedia and Photomedia, Australian Academy
of Design
Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

RichA

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
> (long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
> camera:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
>
> RAW files are available for download of all the tests.
>
> Cheers,

Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!

David Littlewood

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, RichA
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
>> (long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
>> camera:
>> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
>>
>> RAW files are available for download of all the tests.
>>
>> Cheers,

>Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
>of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!

Back to school for someone? Wayne quite specifically stated he was
testing only for noise.

David
--
David Littlewood

Wayne J. Cosshall

David Littlewood wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, RichA
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>
>> Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
>> of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!
>>

> Back to school for someone? Wayne quite specifically stated he was
> testing only for noise.
>
> David

Thanks David. I did try to make it obvious.

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

MarkČ

RichA wrote:
> Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
>> (long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
>> camera:
>> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
>>
>> RAW files are available for download of all the tests.
>>
>> Cheers,

> Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
> of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!

Rich:
One can test for NOISE...even with a shot that is ENTIRELY out of focus.
I can assure you that "GOD" sees the needlessness of your objection just as
anyone else who can read.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Rich

MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
> RichA wrote:
> > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
> >> (long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
> >> camera:
> >> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>
> >>
> >> RAW files are available for download of all the tests.
> >>
> >> Cheers,

> > Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
> > of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!

> Rich:
> One can test for NOISE...even with a shot that is ENTIRELY out of focus.
> I can assure you that "GOD" sees the needlessness of your objection just as
> anyone else who can read.

Darn, I could have sworn I saw the word "resolution" used but I went
back to check the images....and they seem to be gone. What I did see
(after going down the lists of cameras down the page) were different
images. So what happened to the long-range daylight building shots,
replete with tons of heat wave effects???