Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Online Sharing sites

Online Sharing sites

kristamk@ptd.net

I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
download!

Any ideas?
TIA!
Krista

Ed Ruf

On 13 Oct 2006 11:44:15 -0700, in rec.photo.digital http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
>download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
>snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
>seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
>download!

You can get your own domain and pay a hosting service for your own
site , which you can control any way you desire for as low as $3/month
for a decent beginning package.
-
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Joan

Have you looked at flickr?

--
Joan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
: I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
: download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
: snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
: seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
: download!
:
: Any ideas?
: TIA!
: Krista
:

Routemeister

Google Picasa2 now offers 250 MB free storage for photos, either public or
"invitation to view" Photo quality is up to you, specify original quality
or quick-loading default. Viewers can easily download the photos.
David Thompson
http://picasaweb.google.com/david.routemeister

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
> download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
> snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
> seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
> download!
>
> Any ideas?
> TIA!
> Krista

It has removed 7597 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

hellman@stanford.edu

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
> download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
> snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
> seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
> download!

I was looking for exactly the same thing and found it recently at
phanfare.com. It does cost about $50 per year after the free trial
period, but there are no ads, etc. Can't get something for nothing. You
can get prints, but phanfare lets you choose among the major print
shops, and does not do that themselves. It's a new service and there
are some features I'd like to see added, but everything I've suggested
has been well received, with many of the desired features planned
already.

BTW, if you get someone to join, they'll give you a year of free
service so even the $50/yr might not be an issue.

I'm happy.

Martin

Dave

Downloading one of your photos only gets me a 57KB thumbnail. Is that
what you uploaded?

Dave

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:20:42 GMT, "Routemeister"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Google Picasa2 now offers 250 MB free storage for photos, either public or
>"invitation to view" Photo quality is up to you, specify original quality
>or quick-loading default. Viewers can easily download the photos.
>David Thompson
>http://picasaweb.google.com/david.routemeister
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
>> download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
>> snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
>> seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
>> download!
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> TIA!
>> Krista

>I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>It has removed 7597 spam emails to date.
>Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Krista

Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I looked at all the sites that
were suggested. Although none of them offered exactly what I was
looking for, phanfare seemed to come the closest so I'm going to try it
out for a bit and see how I like it and if I can afford to continue
once my free trial runs out.

Thanks again for the info!
Krista

Bruce Lewis

"Krista" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I looked at all the sites that
> were suggested. Although none of them offered exactly what I was
> looking for, phanfare seemed to come the closest so I'm going to try it
> out for a bit and see how I like it and if I can afford to continue
> once my free trial runs out.

If $6.95 a month is unaffordable, you can use ourdoings.com where $5
likely lasts a year. (I didn't answer your first query about photo
sharing sites; I generally only answer such queries on this newsgroup if
people specifically ask for something that ourdoings.com is best at, and
if I recall correctly you only asked about full-size downloads.)

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
photos for your family or group.